New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville
Ranked #36 of 106 Hotels in Quebec City
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“A diamond in the rough!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at the Best Western in Quebec over Thanksgiving weekend.. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were spacious and clean. It is about a 10 minute walk from the walled part of the city. We shared adjoining rooms with our children and we had plenty of room to spread out. I would highly recomend this hotel and can't wait to get black!

Room Tip: I would speak to the front desk staff and not book online.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed at this hotel last weekend on an organised tour with a group of au pairs and language students for 2 nights.

The hotel was a little difficult to navigate around in a bus in the winter weather, and there was nowhere for a bus to park safely/comfortably and unload/load luggage and passengers, so we had to park up the side street and traipse through the snow with our luggage.

However, this took little away from the hotel, which I thought was very nice.

We shared 4 to a room, and shared one of the basic rooms (which were very nice) on the 2nd floor. Some of the rooms are larger than others, and configured differently - ours was one of the larger rooms, with the 2 Queen-sized beds opposite each other. Very comfortable sized room for 4 people. The only downside to our room (232) was that it was next to the elevators, so was quite noisy with people coming and going at all times of night.

Bes were great - very comfortable memory foam. Nice pillows and having a duvet was great (compared to those cotton blankets, or nasty crinkly bedthrows some hotels have) and the sheets were really nice. I slept quite well!

Bathroom was clean, nice. Toiletries provided are the standard Best Western - Pantene Shampoo/Conditioner and Vaseline Body Lotion, however the bottles are tiny and they didn't really provide enough in the room (although you can ask for more). Towels were on the small side.

I didn't use the pool, but my friends did, and they enjoyed it. The elevator, however, seemed to have a lingering chlorine smell that was unpleasant.

Front desk staff were very friendly. They always greeted you in French, but when you said hello in English they spoke to you in fluent English, which made me happy.

Not really in good distance to walk into the main area of Quebec with the wall/quaint streets etc, especially in the winter since it is all uphill on the way there and downhill on the way back, but it was only an $8 cab ride.

Big plus was that they had Free Wi-Fi and it worked really well - also, unlike some hotel Wi-Fi that requests the password every time you turn your computer on, this one saved the password and connection for 2 weeks!

Within 5 mins of the hotel are a Starbucks, a couple of convienience stores, cafes and a pharmacy. There is, however, no Dunkin Donuts like google maps will tell you, so don't go looking for it.

Give the 'Thai Express' down the street a miss - we went there one night to eat and the food was average.

Overall a great hotel experience, and I would definately stay here again if I wasn't deadset on being able to walk everywhere and happy to pay for a cab. I would imagine that the walk into Vieux-Quebec in the spring/summer would be quite pleasant.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a standard room, ask for one where the beds are opposite each other, rather th...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. The 5/5 you gave us for Service is sincerely appreciated. I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Unfortunately, it seems that Google Maps did not update the information concerning our former neighbor the Dunkin Donut which is closed for almost a year. Concerning the rooms that are close to the elevators, if you are a light sleeper, do not hesitate to indicate your preferences concerning the location of the room to our front desk clerks. Once again, I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction, it was a true pleasure to have you stay with us. We hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City and I am sure you will indeed enjoy walking around the city!
Amherstburg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

Every few years we travel with our school kids to Qubec City and stay at this Hotel. The value and price can not be beat. We were close to all the attractions of the old city. Our ski hill "Stoneham" was also less then 20 min. away. The kids also enjoyed visiting the Galarie de Capital. This is a large shopping mall close by with an arena and roller coaster inside of it. We realy appreciated the valle service. Our vehilces were ready and waiting each day when ever we wanted. No parking and no hassle for us to worry about. The rooms were very clean and confortable. All the hotel staff spoke both fluent French and English. This hotel helped make our trip a huge success.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. Wow! Since I am the Customer Service Manager of the hotel, I must say that reading our property helped make your trip a huge success is the most fantastic feeling. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us again and I am sincerely happy to know that you will continue to visit us for your future stays in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Brossard, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were in Québec City for a w-e to enjoy time together. We booked a room with our air miles plan and we had a great surprise. Our room was in the business section. Closed off from the rest of the hotel. Very quiet, a big bedroom and a suprising big walk in shower. We enjoyed the area with the little restaurants around and could easily walk to the old part of Quebec City. This was a very enjoyable experience and we plan to go back!

Room Tip: The business section is really exceptionnal!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank moiaussi1234
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. We are glad you enjoyed our location! In fact, the room you were assigned with the walk in glass shower in a closed section of the hotel are our Executive rooms. There are 20 of them distributes on 5 floors of the hotel and the one you had was on one of our Business Class levels (4, 5 and 6 floor). It is a pleasure to read you enjoyed your stay in one of our newly renovated Executive Rooms. Once again, I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we are sincerely happy to be your choice in Quebec City. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2012

This hotel has become our trusty stand-by for our frequent trips to Quebec City. We were here for New Year's Eve and I booked a deluxe room through the BW.com website.

Our room was large although our two beds were on opposite walls. The beds were comfortable with some kind of extra bedding and I enjoyed the Keurig coffee machine.

We took time to do some exploring and there are lovely cafes/bakeries on rue St. Joseph which is one block from the hotel. Brulerie St. Roch is a lovely coffee shop opened late. If you go further along St. Joseph, there is a beautiful bakery - Crockenbouche (sp?)--lovely soup/sandwich and an arresting display of french pastries.

As noted by others, it is a walk to the old town but it is wonderful to get into the streets of Quebec City or to walk along towards the Farmer's Market/waterfront.

This is our go-to hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the business floor - 5th floor. Very nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gammaglam
Bonjour,
Thank you for your most generous comments concerning your stay at the Best Western Plus City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful that you let us know of your satisfaction. We are glad to know you enjoyed our neighborhood the Nouvo St-Roch. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and I am sincerely happy to know that you will visit us again the next time you are in Quebec City. We look forward to it!
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

I suggest this place for your second ( or later ) visit to Quebec City. The first time you visit with your spouse or family you will likely want to stay in the traditional old town and be close-ish to the Frontenac and Plains of Abraham.

The Best Western is a great location but it takes a few minutes to realize how perfect it is.

- You can walk up the street and then take the public elevator to the higher part of the city and this walk and trip is great: it is 1KM to the Frontenac and boardwalk and the walk is scenic and pleasant. You can also take a bus or cab.

- You can walk around the hill and ascend to old town from the lower part to the higher part. This instruction will make more sense when you visit the city: as I say the hotel for a tourist is perfect for the SECOND trip to the city,

My wife and I visit Quebec twice a year and stay at the hotel very often.

The rooms are great: the price is fair and the staff friendly. There are nearby places to eat and the hotel's location affords opportunity to see more of the city than we would otherwise.

Room Tip: We often book the manager's or president's special online - generally 100$ and we get a nice...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bruce_in_toronto
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 7 February 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments concerning your recent stay with us at the Best Western City Center. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I really like your tips to visit the city! I would add that our property will also be very appropriate for people who would like to truly live Quebec City since, even if we are less than 1 kilometer from the main touristic area, our neighborhood the Nouvo St-Roch is the old working class neighborhood now reborn as centerstage for the city’s artistic events and as a cultural hub. Again, thank you for these most generous ratings and comments. We are sincerely happy to be your choice when you visit Quebec City and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.
Fredericton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

Very good quality hotel. I got an excellent rate through hotwire although taxes were an extra $20 and the valet parking (the only option available) is $20/ night.
The hotel is well appointed although it is hard to find. Advertised as being on 'de la couronne' but the entrance is actually on a little sidestreet - 'du roy'.
Only stayed one night as we were passing through. Unfortunately it was much too cold to going exploring on foot.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LunaySol09
BWCV-Manager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville, responded to this review, 6 February 2012
Bonjour,
Thank you for your comments concerning your stay at the Best Western City Centre Quebec. I appreciate that you took the time to post them. The 5/5 you gave us for Sleep Quality, Cleanliness and Service are sincerely appreciated. I am sorry that our address made it hard to find us. We have no address on du Roi Street, but it is true than the main entrance is located there there. If you arrive on 330 de la Couronne, you can use the second entrance to make your check in and our front desk clerks will inform you on where to go with your car. When on de la Couronne Street, turn left just after the hotel building on de la Salle Street, then turn left on Dorchester and left again on du Roi to reach the main entrance and valet service. It was a true pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope you will visit us again at the Best Western City Centre Quebec the next time you are in Québec City. We look forward to it!