“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Quebec City
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I have stayed at this hotel about 10-15 times in the last few years. I am a District manager and I have tried so many different hotels for work. I would say at least over 50 different one. Chateau Bonne Entente has been the best hotel I have stayed at! This is quite an achievement. I always use this hotel as a reference and recommended it to so many. They all have been very impressed.
There are so many little extra things that they do right which you don't see anywhere else. My usual room in terms of value for the money is the Terzo. It feature everything that you need and is modern at the same time. It's very well appointed!
But my favorite is the Urbania Suite. Wow! Absolutely incredible! The room is great in itself but it's all that comes with it that makes it a unique experience. (Champagne, 5 @ 7, Strawberries & Chocolate, private lounge, etc.)
While this hotel is not right downtown, I appreciate it even more since it attracts mostly business clients. The clientele is a lot more quieter. So I can drive downtown in a few minutes if I wish, but I know that I will come back to a quiet hotel at night.
I have now changed district and will have to visit Québec city at least once or twice a month. I am hoping to get the Plume D'or Status so it will make this hotel even more attractive to me.
Thank you Chateau Bonne Entente!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AlexP81
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thank you so much for your nice comments that I will gladly share with our colleagues.

To get the Plume d'Or status, you need to fill out a form. Did someone give it to you at the front desk when you checked out? If not, would you mind calling me at 1 800 230-7530, it will be my pleasure to send you the information about this corporate program.

We are confident that you will be a good ambassador for us, please keep on doing.
We look forward to seeing you soon at the BE.

Have a great day.

Pascale Banville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Longueuil, Qc, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2012

The Château Bonne Entente is my favorite hotel in Quebec City. I've been there for business reasons and as a love's escapade and every times I've been delighted. The price is a little above the market price in the Quebec city area but it worth it completely. The restaurants are serving meals that meet the highest standards and the staff is particularely attentive to the client's needs. I recommend without any hesitations!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 2 April 2012

We look forward to seeing you again. Happy Easter!

Quebec
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We have stayed at the Chateau Bonne Entente about 16 times since August 2010. The last time was January 2012. We absolutely love this hotel. We have stayed there in the summer and the winter. The staff are extremely pleasant and accommodating. The rooms are spacious and have everything you could ask for. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well managed. I highly recommend this hotel. We have gone there with friends who would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
On behalf of the General Manager, Alain April, and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for this wonderful review. Your kind words will go a long way to validate their hard work and inspire them to continue on in their quest to provide the quality customer service our guest expect and deserve.

Thank you so much for having visited us 16 times since August 2010. We truly appreciate it.
We understand that you are a good ambassador, please keep on doing. It is always a pleasure to welcome you at the BE!

Montreal
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Second year in a row staying here in an Urbania suite, kind of their boutique/suite hotel within the hotel. Perfect for ou needs. 4 of us with kids and the expensive room gives us enough space. Also nice that the bedroom as a king for the parents and a double for the kids. Room design is modern and tasteful, and housekeeping one of the best I've seen. Spotless. The Red Lounge exclusive for Urbania guests is also cool with the nice complimentary breakfast (although staff could replenish the dishes more regularly). Finally, location was great for us. Although not in Québec City proper, it is right smack in between Ancienne-Lorette, Cap-Rouge and Québec, all places where the family members we visit live. So, kind of our base station there!

Room Tip: In Urbania, ask for 2nd or 3rd floor to reduce parking lot noise, although not excessive. And the el...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Good morning, On behalf of the General Manager and the entire team of the Chateau Bonne Entente, we would like to thank you for your wonderful review. Your comments are a source of motivation for us. Be assure that a follow-up was done as soon we received your comment about the replenish of the dishes in the Living Rouge. We look forward to seeing you soon. Have a great day. Pascale Banville
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 January 2012

This was possibly the worst stay I have ever had at any hotel in the world. The room I was given was right at the top of the stairs where much of the traffic passes by. With paper thin walls, it was not very pleasant to get woken up several times by people going down the hallway or kids running around. The hotel also happened to have a party which loud music blasted until 3 am. The room was shaking from the music and all you could hear was the party, even with the tv on full blast. In addition to this, paying 12-20 dollars a day in parking and not having any privacy in the bathroom, I would have been better off at a motel 6. I was so upset with my stay here that I will not hesitate to write several bad reviews about it. Beware, although this place may look nice from the outside, the actual hotel is a nightmare.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you are sensitive to noise from other rooms or the hallway, you will never have...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Paul S
Orange, California
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Our group ended our cruise by spending one night in Quebec City at this hotel. It was about 8 miles out of the old town, but three malls within 5 minutes from it that the hotel provides a ride to. The hotel grounds were very beautiful with lots of water features. The inside was nice with a bar and and dining room. I would not recommend the resturant though as we waited over an hour for our order. The rooms were the best part. They were spacious with a large bathroom. The beds had down mattress covers with down comforters and lots of down pillows. The bathroom had a large jacuzzi tub with a flat screen tv in the mirror in front of the tub. Nice toiletries and linens. The was an expresso coffee maker in the room. We were not there long enough to experience the service other than the driver who took us to the malls. He was exceptionally nice. This was definately my best nights sleep in 10 days. I would recommend this highly to anyone in this area.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
paba2010, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this review, 1 November 2011

We apologize for the delay at the MC Lounge. However, in order to take actions, we need more details. May I ask you if you were part of the group who arrived at 10 pm due to an airline flight cancelation? If so, we had to reopen the kitchen to serve the group, it might explain the delay. Based on this particular circumstance, we hope that you will give us another chance .

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again.

Vancouver
Reviewed 30 September 2011

This hotel is a class act. Not in the old town, but fantastic rooms, service and breakfast. I will only be staying here moving forward, as I go to QC about 3 times a year. Internet included and breakfast too for our corporate rate. Very friendly and helpful staff

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business