All reviews monte cristo napa grill kids club old quebec private lounge ste foy star hotel hot tub mini bar downtown quebec amazing hotel our honeymoon the entire staff living room urbania spa hammocks
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

The hotel has just about everything you would want. A swimming pool, health club, restaurant, game room, hot tub, sauna, volleyball net set up. They have a good size parking lot. It’s a 10 minute drive to old Quebec. They have a free shuttle service if you want to use that. The room had hard wood floors, a comfortable bed,safe,very nice shower with a steam function so you can use it as a steam room. One complaint. We got back around 1 an outlet first night and noticed the sheets were very dirty. They came right up and handed us new ones at the door. They did not offer to change them for us. I don’t know how they could not notice this when they made the bed. Was really shocking to see at a hotel of this quality. I’ll just say it was one mistake. I would still recommend the hotel. This was my second stay here. I had no problem the first time.

Christine_Ging, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience and thank you for your comments. We really appreciate them, they help us to always improve your service. Please know your review was shared with our Housekeeping manager, to make sure a situation like the one you experienced never happens again. We offer you our sincere apologies and we really hope to have the chance to welcome you again.

Please, contact me directly for a future reservation: Christine Gingras: cgingras@lebonneentente.com.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 17, 2018 via mobile

I am only moved to write reviews when significantly overwhelmed or underwhelmed. This hotel left me significantly hnderwhelmed. I don’t know on what planet cheap finishes, stained carpet and cracked tile qualify for a 5 star rating. This was really a 3 star hotel. That said, the service was exceptional and a good deal. But in the end I felt misled by the 5 star boast.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank mgross2016
Christine_Ging, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bonne Entente, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your stay and thank you for your feedback on our service. We really hope to have the chance to welcome you again and please, contact me directly for a further reservation. It will be my pleasure to look for a different type of room, for a new experience.

Best regards,

Christine
cgingras@lebonneentente.com
1.800.230.7530

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Our team was participating in an event in Ste-Foy and this was a "nice" hotel available near the places we needed to be.

A "good" deal to have a single queen bed and a sofa bed room was made and everyone was expected to have one upon reservation. It took me 3 phone calls and finally about 45 min to get the reservation in place.

Upon arrival, we were walked to the room, a single king bed in the first floor, but I would say that's the "basement", and a bathroom where you can barely fit your toiletries. When going back to the front desk to figure what happened, I got the worst customer service treatment I have ever received in a hotel. Not even at a 2 stars hotel, I have received such a bad service.

With a very arrogant attitude, I was told that's what my room was and that's nothing they can do. She asked me to feel free to speak to her director the next day if I wanted to and that all she can do was to send a cot and that will take about 25 minutes.

After not having more option, we decided to try, they brought a cot where my son barely fit and it was not even made. It has a sheet to cover the "mattress" and didn't have a sheet, they gave us the spare blanket from the closet and that was it. Since we had 2 kids, I asked for a second cot, reluctantly they provided it and the blanket was an old heavy cover that got delivered as "that's all I have, take it or leave it" kind of way and left it for us to made the bet. First night was not what I have expected at all.

The next day we had activities from 8 am all the way until 4 pm outside the hotel, when we returned, I spoke to Christine and she tried to save the day and turn around the experience. She managed to move us to the type of room we were supposed to have based on the agreement, but unfortunately, it was on the "smoking" section. After being so tired, we just let it go, asked the kids to tolerate the smell and try to enjoy the rest of the night.

Certainly, the kids enjoyed the outdated play room, but it kept them occupied. An update will be recommended.

Check-out was easy, just a lot of walking with our luggage as there are no elevators and there is a cumbersome way to access the rooms. Thank you to Christine, things got sorted, I just wish the comments I shared with her will be used for training their people to handle unexpected situations.

First time at this Hotel, and certainly Last time.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank olgas101
Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

It has been a few years since our last visit to Le Bonne Entente. And after rediscovering the magic of this charming and peaceful hotel, we could understand why it took us so long to come back.

Though it’s off the beaten path, perhaps twenty minutes from the Old Québec tourist area, Le Bonne Entente is a great hotel for couples who want to spend some quality time together.

If you want to take in the sights and sample the history and architecture of New France,
the hotel provides a comfortable and convenient shuttle service to and from the old quarter.

We chose an Urbania Loft room: comfortably furnished with a decadent shower and deep therapeutic tub. Urbania includes access to the Living Rouge with its continental breakfast, happy hour and champagne nightcap. Great value.

The grounds are well kept and the pool was great given the hot summer weather.

We’ll definitely be back again soon!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2018

We had a great time at Le Bonne Entente and it's a great place for families. The grounds are very nice, the beds are so comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We did a lot of sight seeing so didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel but when we did everything was great....I would definitely come back!

Room tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor and this area was not updated like some of the other rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with family