1,605 results
All reviewschez boulaygreat locationold quebecpaillardvalet parkingstairs to climbrue saint jeanwithin walking distancestreet leveltim hortonsindoor poollovely hotelhotel restaurantyour luggagemobility issuesrestaurants and shopsno elevator
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This hotel is very comfortable and clean and is in a great location in the city. Everything in Old Quebec is in walking distance. The hotel staff are very helpful.The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are spotless. I just returned from Quebec and stayed here all 3 days. I am glad I made the choice in staying here and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I will be staying here again on a future visit

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel as part of a tour package, and did not expect much. To our surprise, it was very commodious, and the new restaurant (Boulay) in the hotel is very inventive. Make reservations early. Avoid the breakfast buffet, and instead opt for Paillard's bakery (great croissants) on St. Jean.

We were very happy with the size of our room, its amenities, and it's location in the Old City. We had an interior room which did not afford much of a view, but it was, as a result, also very quiet. We would return.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms overlooking the street (and the hospital). The workout room is underwhelming.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donita V
Reviewed July 5, 2012

A nice hotel overall but when they returned my car from the garage I found a fresh dent on the passenger side front door. Of course they are not "responsible" for any damage, but they didn't report it to me either. The manager made some vague offer of an "incentive" to get me to stay with them again on my next trip to Quebec but he never followed up. It doesn't matter: I'm out $300 dollars in repairs and I'm not coming back.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank David L
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I always remembered the name of this hotel because my mother had stayed here a few years back and recommended it. I had also sent clients there before and remembered their feedback

I was here for three nights in June and loved it!!!

The staff were so friendly and helpful as this was my first time to Quebec City and I get lost easily.

I had a standard room (room 205) but it was actually lovely for what it was. It was only about 250 sq feet but laid out perfectly and was fine for one person. The bed was so comfortable and the room itself was spotless - especially the bathroom - not a single spec of dust!

The hotel itself is very nice - the lobby is huge and nicely decorated! The only thing I have to warn potential guests is that there are about three sets of stairs to get up to the lobby from the street! If you are handicapped there is a back entrance they can take you through. At night you can also sneak in to the elevators to get up to your room from the new restaurant. There are door usher who will carry your luggage up and down the stairs for you.

Their breakfast restaurant, however, wasn't the greatest. The food was bland and not a lot of selection. I did have room service one morning with their Healthy Breakfast option and that was much better and they don't charge you crazy fees for room service which is a nice change!

One thing that did puzzle me was the lack of vending machines to even buy bottled water- I had to go the Jean Coutu to buy some - it might be a wise investment for them to get at least one.

I did see their pool, spa, and fitness areas (which looked great) but didn't get a chance to use any of them.

Right around the corner is a pedestrian only street (on weekends) that have tons of dining and shopping options but even to get to the further point of the walled city isn't far by foot. The hotel , interestingly enough, is right across the street from North America's oldest hospital and a stones throw from the original army barracks - sooooo neat!!

The city itself is steeped in history - every corner and cobblestone has a story it seems. It reminds me so much of Europe and I feel in love with Quebec immediately.

I highly recommend a city tour, the ghost walk ( lots of walking up hills so be warned), and the day trip to Charlevoix for whale watching!

I will definitely stay at this hotel again as it was perfect for a quick getaway!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jooolz1976
Reviewed June 30, 2012

My husband, brother, sister in law and myself stayed at the hotel for 3 nights. We were greeted warmly by both the valet ( parking ovenight $22.00 in a covered, secure lot right next door- no problem taking it out and bringing it back) and the reception staff. They were also very helpful with directions and suggestions. The rooms were huge with all amenities . The pool and exercise area were clean and accessible. The fitness equipment could do with an overhaul, but they were fine for our needs. We didn't use their restaurants, but there are two of them. The lobby is a wonderful place to sit and relax after walking the city!
The location is superb!! The hotel is around the corner from the main street in Old Quebec where there are tons of good restaurants and an ATM . It's a short uphill walk to the Chateau Frontenac and the walkway along the St. Lawrence.
The only warning is that there are many steps up to reception. You can access the hotel around the corner through their restaurant, Boulay, but it's only open dining hours.
With that exception, this is a terrific place to stay while in Quebec.

Room Tip: If you don't want to walk too far to your room, ask for one a little near the elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family