1,599 results
All reviewschez boulaygreat locationold quebecpaillardvalet parkingstairs to climbrue saint jeanstreet leveltim hortonswithin walking distanceindoor poollovely hotelhotel restaurantyour luggagemobility issuesrestaurants and shopsno elevator
Reviewed April 22, 2018

Stayed four nights over the April school vacation. Our superior room was nice and roomy with a 50" flat screen. Room and bathroom were spotless and bed was comfortable.

Hotel is conveniently located just around the corner from Rue St. Jean which has a number of shops, restaurants, and bakeries. You are about a ten minute walk to the lower city.

We had the buffet breakfast two mornings which came out to about $19.50 USD with tax and tip per person. This was a pretty good "Hotel" value. But you are only a couple of minutes walk from several other options including a Tim Horton's next door. The small coffee shop in the hotel was expensive, and limited. With many options less than 5 minutes walk, you can skip this. We particularly liked "Paillard" which was good for a light breakfast and to get a cup of tea at night.

The main restaurant (Boulay) has a good reputation. We just did not get around to eating there as we liked to have the opportunity to get out of the hotel for dinner.

Valet parking was $22 USD per day with unlimited in and out privileges. They park your car in an adjacent garage.

One note: The main entrance has a fairly steep set of stairs if you have any issues or are pushing a stroller. I'm not sure what accommodations they have for that, so you may want to ask if it is a problem for you.

Two nitpicking items: The shampoo was lousy. Bring your own.

I booked on the hotel website, and I have found that I frequently receive an upgrade for doing that. No luck here even though the hotel did not seem to be full. I can't complain about that, but it is something that makes a hotel stand out when they offer it.

All in all, would recommend to anyone for a few nights in a lovely city.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ed_Kal99
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

An excellent hotel in Quebec City with good service and spacious rooms all in a warm cozy setting much needed after a day outside in the freezing temperatures of a Quebec winter. Breakfasts were calm and well provided and service very good indeed. One possible criticism : on entering the hotel there is a climb up steps to reception which may be problematic for some guests.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 16, 2018

Wonderful people greeted us when we arrived. Our room was ready before check-in time. The room was a spacious two queen room. It was right in the middle of everything. I tried to speak French and immediately they broke into English. I kept up the destruction of the French language and they continued to smile and reply in English. Wonderful staff. I swore I would not return to Quebec City after our terrible experience 35 years ago. We then were treated with disdain and our struggling attempts at French were allowed to continue without salvage even though at the time I knew they could speak English. I am so glad I went against my own oath and returned. This visit was fun and amazing. Merci Quebec.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank DrTedV
Reviewed April 9, 2018

You can't beat the location. The room was very spacious, very clean and very modern. The gym had updated equipment which is unusual for hotels (at least in the US). The pool was well maintained and they even had a pool guy who gave out towels. Very popular with families with small kids. Only thing was that the gym and pool opened really late (around 10 am I think) and closed at 9 pm.
I have to say something about the stairs though. There is a long flight of stairs that leads up to the lobby. How frustrating to carry your luggage all the way up. How frustrating to climb up if you need to use the restrooms. I saw a lot of parents struggling with their strollers. I think they should put at least an escalator.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank reneevilla
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

First, the best;
Location is great, a stone throw away from the historical Quebec centre.

Service is very good, changed from a room near an elevator to a better location. Staff pleasant and courteous.

The indoor pool is a nice design and relaxing after a day walking.

The average.

Older hotel renovated over the years (decades) so rooms are smaller. Renovated but too generic grey colors gives it an average hotel look.

No bathrobe in both rooms as you would expect, we had to call to get them.

Only two towels in the room. No medium size towels.

Garbage bin with no plastic bag.

Remove the history and location, It's a 3 star hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple