12 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$138
travelup.comUS$147
Hotels.comUS$138
1,854 results
All reviews chez boulay great location old quebec valet parking street level rue saint jean within walking distance indoor pool your luggage restaurants and shops no elevator beautiful hotel standard room valet service three nights large room queen bed
Selected filters
Reviewed October 7, 2022 via mobile

We were part of a Road Scholar trip and felt this hotel was the perfect selection. It was close to restaurants, shopping, train station, etc. Most attractions were a quick walk from the hotel. The front desk employees were friendly and helpful. The bell hop was also attentive and patient. Our room were spacious and very quiet. If we visit Quebec again, we would stay at the Hotel Manior Victoria.

Room tip: The hotel offers valet parking and has a nice restaurant.
Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank camperJan52
Reviewed October 4, 2022

I understood when we checked in that we would not have housekeeping services EVERY day. Okay, but I was relying on 1 housekeeping visit half way through our stay as I was told. I finally had to call the 4th day into our 6 day stay to inquire when we would have fresh towels and hopefully our beds made!!! I heard no apologies only an excuse that there must have been some miscommunication!! Miscommunication on whose part I wondered. I finally got 3 towels and a couple coffee pods delivered to our room. I’m still waiting to see if the sheets will be changed for our last night. Oh and Wi-Fi was spotty at best. Would I recommend? I don’t know - let’s see if the sheets get changed !

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2022 via mobile

We spent two nights in this hotel and found it to be exactly what we needed. The rooms were comfortable with all the conveniences we needed. Great blackout blinds, nice toiletries, good climate control and super comfortable beds.
The location was also really great for seeing the city and getting around.

The only two niggles we had was the stairs directly in reception with no lift to the lobby which wasn’t ideal for getting luggage in and out. The other annoyance was the pool doesn’t open until 2pm so if you wake up early with jet lag don’t expect to be able to go for a swim and sauna.

Would stay here again with no issues.

Room tip: Hotel is not accessible for disabled guests
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2022

My friend and I were travelling for our 65th birthday from England.
Firstly there are over twenty stairs you have to pull your cases up. There was no one around to help and when we finally got up the stairs the welcome was so frosty and miserable, quite the opposite from the welcome we had in our Toronto hotel. The answer to questions was a nod or a shake of the head with the minimum verbal response required!
I cannot fault the room itself, it was spacious and there was enough hanging room in the wardrobe for clothes for two women!
Cleaning was only every other day which I think poor.
I would have given 5 stars but staffing attitude really needs addressing. Where are the smiling welcoming faces?

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank p999hug
Reviewed September 19, 2022

Mmm…we had trouble deciding how many stars to give this hotel.

We stayed in a “Distinctive” room which was excellent. It was large, well appointed with sofa, chairs and a very comfortable bed. It was also very clean. The hotel is stylish and in a great location.

So why the scoring difficulty, if you met the front office team you would know why. Worst greeting of all the hotels we stayed in in Canada. You are met with a steep set of stairs at the entrance with no one around to help you get the heavy suitcases up to reception. The lady on reception had to be coaxed out of the back office to see us and it was obviously a nuisance and something she could have done without. After a few minutes mumbling about the hotel we were left to find our own way to the room. We went back about 40 minutes later to see if they had any teabags and a kettle. She was not interested, all we got was a “no, the coffee machine makes tea” accompanied by a turn of the eyes to let us know she thought we were stupid!

We stayed three days and every time we went past reception there was no one there. We were not the only ones to find it frustrating.

A shame really as with a bit more effort it could easily have been a 5* as the room was really good.

Date of stay: September 2022