Hilton Quebec
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Palace Royal(Quebec City)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
Hotel du Capitole(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Acadia(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)
View Hotel
Maison du General(Quebec City)
2,993 results
All reviewsthe executive loungeold cityallegro restaurantgreat locationparliament buildingconvention centeroutdoor poolnational assemblyhigh floorself parkingwithin walking distanceper dayplains of abrahamfloor roomriver viewan upgradechateau frontenac
Reviewed April 5, 2012

My review is pretty similar to the last one. I was at the Hilton Quebec for 3 nights. I was attending conferences and booked at the Hilton since the Conference Center is 15 seconds from there.
I was on the 14th floor and could hear cars on the street like if I was staying on the 1st floor. You can hear everything in the other rooms too. That is not a good thing especially when your neighbors are continuing their party in their rooms when the nightclubs close at 3:00am.
On my third night, I could not take it anymore and called the reception. They offered me free breakfast for the inconvenient (unfortunately, eggs and bacon do not help me to sleep better). They also offered me to change room since she told be my neighbors would probably do a lot of noise again after 3:00am when coming back from nightclubs! What is that?
Next year, I'll walk 5 minutes to get to the Convention Center from a different hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank P B
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed on March 29th for a conference. We had a room on the 10th floor on the Parliement side. It was very noisy. We could here noise from the street and from other rooms. The room was ok but nothing great: very very basic.
Service was very very bad. When we checked in, there was 5 employees there and they were all talking to each other or doing their best not to engage any eye contact with us... We waited 10 minutes to be helped.... We were the only customers there!!!!! To me, this is unacceptable!!! Same problem when we went to check out!!!
Another big problem: there is no WIFI in the rooms... We are in 2012!!!! Most hotels offer this service for free. This hotel offers a cable service that cost 12$ a day!!!! Get with the program!!!!
Not a great experience overall! There are much better hotels in Quebec City!!!!

Room Tip: Do your homework... There are better hotels in Quebec City!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Anik17
SHuckle, Rooms Division Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

“Dear Guest,

First let me apologize for not providing the service you were expecting from us.
I would also would like to thank you for providing us with precious information, regarding your experience. Your comments are always valued.

I am happy to announce that all the installation are in order for the rooms to offer Wi Fi access.
The process should be finalized for the end of April and service active in May.

We hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you once more, and make your stay a memorable one.”

Sonia Huckle
sonia.huckle@hilton.com

Reviewed March 10, 2012

I stayed on March 8 until the 10th at this hotel with the family. I was in room 1804 which is supposed to be a superior room with 2 double beds. The cost was 240$C per night. The good part: The staff is friendly and the location is central enough to walk to nearby old town. Now the bad: It was one of the worst hotel I stayed in for the rest quality. The room in itself seems to have been renovated but these were only cosmetic renovations. The fan system to provide air is very old and very noisy, so much that even at low speed, I could not sleep. I decided to open a small window like trap which gives access to outside air but at -10C it becomes quite cold fast. The thermos of the window was full of condensation so much that it was difficult to see outside, only consolatiion for future customers, they are supposed to change them). The restaurant of the hotel was in renovation and was transfered to an adjacent conference room until May 2012. Even the staff complained about the noise from concrete drills and saws that resonate in the hall. The food was not good at all. I try to imagine how scramble eggs can go wrong but it happened every day. The buffet was a pity and at 20$ not worth it: walk to nearby restaurants. The pool was a deception. It was my first and last time at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view to the Old town (if you can see through the glass).
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Montcalm007
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed in the Hilton for Winter Carnival and had a very pleasant stay. The weather was awful when we got in with tons of snow, and although we had considered staying in the Old City, we were glad that we didn't as the smaller streets of the Old City would have been tough to navigate around with all of the snow and plowing that was going on. The lobby is a great meeting place, with a pretty decent bar, and standard buffet breakfast (not included in our room). Our room had a pretty amazing view of Quebec, and was standard and clean, like we've come to expect from the Hilton chain. It is a very large hotel, and a lot of ski group do stay here--our only complaint is that the elevators are really not sufficient for the size of the hotel. You can spend 10-15 minutes waiting for an elevator that you can fit into, which is a ridiculous problem that I've not experienced elsewhere. Overall, however, comfortable and functional, and in a great location in Quebec City.

Room Tip: ask for a view of the government buildings--it is a gorgeous view
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelrabbit2003
Reviewed February 24, 2012

This was my 4th trip to Quebec City and previously I had stayed in a small hotel in Old Quebec. On check in I asked about upgrading to the "executive floor" and was discouraged to do so by the clerk. After checking into our room, I noted a guard on the floor over the course of 2 hours. Then I learned there was a very large group of either high school or college students staying there. They checked out the next day so it turned out to be minor, but why would the desk clerk see a middle 50's couple and not jump at our inquiry to upgrade our room??
We were also not informed on check in that the hotel restaurant was closed to accommodate the World Cup snowboard athletes staying at the hotel. Why not mention this?
The room was impeccably clean, the location perfect, 90% of the hotel staff were very helpful, but we were not given enough information on check in, nor was there anything written in our room. And why is the internet free in the lobby, but $12/day in the room. If I stay here again (maybe next year for the same event) I will definitely pay the extra $ and stay on the executive floor.
BTW, if you stay there when the hotel is packed, use the service elevators, way faster.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends