9 people are viewing this hotel
Get rewarded with One Key
Priceline
3,754 results
All reviews the executive lounge old city great location parliament building convention center outdoor pool high floor self parking within walking distance river view plains of abraham per day corner room lawrence river chateau frontenac winter carnival king bed
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We chose this hotel because of its proximity to the Old City and because we could use Air Miles. We upgraded to a room with a view of the St. Lawrence. The room was very nice - quiet, comfortable, excellent air conditioning. We did not use the pool but we heard guests enthusing about it. The hotel was close to the old city. It was however quite a climb up a steep hill. Although the hotel met our needs I would try another hotel next time in the old city just to make it easier to drop shopping off or to change between touring events.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vincent M, Front office supervisor at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2016

Dear Aceadventurer123,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to read you appreciated our amazing location next to the Old City and the comfort of our rooms. Hilton hotels promote the hospitality by its comfort and we are delighted to see your agreement.

Best regards,

Vincent Martel

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Whenever I go to Quebec City for work, I always stay at the Hilton. The service is always impeccable and the views are always breathtaking. Plus if you have Hilton Honors status, you can go to the Concierge lounge on the 23rd floor with views of the waterfront as well as the Citadelle of Quebec. During the winter, if timed right, you can see the Quebec Winter Carnival from the lounge or south facing rooms, and one winter, the Red Bull races (where people ice skate down a frozen manmade slope) took place in front of the Parliament building. The hotel is situated within walking distance of all of downtown Old Quebec. The front desk staff have always been incredibly helpful, even though I do not speak French, and the in house restaurant "Allegro" is much better than any in hotel restaurants I've been to. The property can be a little pricy at times, but the views and quality of property and employees is well worth it.

Room tip: South facing rooms overlook Parliament and the Citadel.
Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Laurie D, Superviseure à la réception I Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2016

Dear GreyDiamond

We are thrilled you had such a fabulous experience at the Hilton Québec. It will be a pleasure for me to share your great comments with our teams. Thank you for taking time to share feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

Laurie Dassylva

Reviewed September 7, 2016

Staff were super helpful/friendly, rooms well appointed and clean. Pool was a good hit on a warm day to come back to after a day of exploring the old town, which is a short walk from the hotel. There's nothing fantastic here but we found this hotel to be everything we needed, reasonably priced, and would gladly return.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mjk_mantis

Dear mjk_mantis,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Hilton Quebec. We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and the services of the hotel. Guest service is the heart of our brand. It will be our pleasure to greet you once again on your next trip.

Best regards,

Vincent Martel

Reviewed September 6, 2016

We had a King Room facing the river on the 21st floor. We had a gorgeous of the old city and the river. We found the location to be very convenient, especially with the double-decker bus tours stopping at the hotel. Our room entitled us to access to the executive lounge which also offered stunning views of the city and fireworks. The lounge offers continental breakfast, which was so-so. The main restaurant did not fair any better. I would recommend walking to The Hobbit for breakfast. We had some issues with the elevators closing on us as entered/exited the elevator. The wifi was the biggest annoyance as it just did not work. They limit 3 connections per room, which with my husband and I each having a phone and a work ipad was just not sufficient. If we were lucky enough to get connected to wifi, the connection was painfully slow. We wound up using our mobile plans for faster connections.

The staff was very nice. The rooms were a nice size for a city hotel. There was a bit of street noise which could be heard from our room, but it did not impact our sleep.

Room tip: If it is in budget select a river front room
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donna G
Andreanne B, Front Office Assistant Manager at Hilton Quebec, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2016

Dear Dee S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We certainly appreciate all of your feedbackI notice that you deplore our Internet Connection. It is indeed true that our Internet connexion could have been better. However, following comments from customers like you, I am happy to let you know that we have found a solution and Internet is now working perfectly.

Hopefully, we'll have the pleasure to welcome you soon again.

Andreanne Blanchette

Reviewed September 6, 2016

I was staying here to attend a conference, the location is ideal and close to many sights. Check-in was uneventful and staff was rather indifferent, as a Diamond member I was given a regular room on a lower floor, I wonder what non Diamond members were getting. In any event, I was able to enjoy the Executive Lounge, the offerings were just fine, but the views were spectacular. The guestroom was comfortable enough and quiet, the size was average and the A/C worked fine. The guestroom bathroom was small and in need of a full remodel. Hotel hallways and public places felt a little dreary. Average is what comes to mind when I think about this place in general, I would not run to come back. They need a new large hotel in this area of Quebec City, so older players would be forced to improve on all levels...

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Bose2

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a feedback on your stay with us.
I was most concerned to learn that you were disappointed with your stay with us. It was obviously not up to the standards you have come to expect from our brand and I am truly sorry we have failed to meet your expectations. We are taking in note your comments to make the necessary adjustments and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.

Laurie Dassylva