Hotel Le Priori
Excellent 5/5
Excellent 5/5
L'Hotel Port-Royal(Quebec City)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Manoir Morgan(Quebec City)
Great 4.5/5
    Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
    Hotel Sainte-Anne(Quebec City)
    • Pool
    Hotel Clarendon(Quebec City)
    1,211 results
    All reviewslower townjunior suiteold quebecbottle of champagneboutique hotelart galleriessliding doorstandard roomplace royalecroissantsregular roomold buildingthe hotel staffbreakfast was includedfront desk staffnespresso machinestone walls
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 February 2012

Le Priori's staff elevates a fine hotel to an excellent experience, and even in the intimate, personalized realm of boutique and design hotels, the staff is unparalleled.

The hotel's location, as other reviewers note, is perfect. The William Suite is enormous, larger than its description or photos can capture. The bathroom's tub and shower both easily hold two, and both bedroom and downstairs living area are comfortably, tastefully furnished. The building's storied architectural appeal is complimented, rather than confused, by the suite's modern design and decor.

Toast not only serves an elaborate breakfast spread (with fresh dishes and piping-hot pastries being ushered from table to table, before taking their place at the buffet), but the most creative (playful, even) small-plate menu based on Quebecois cuisine I experienced in either QC or Montreal.

A late-night/early-morning issue was resolved by the staff without the slightest delay, and with the utmost courtesy and professionalism. A question from the previous day, despite a full staff turnover, was addressed with gusto the following morning, with reception and management not only knowledgeable but incredibly helpful. Despite my limited aptitude in French, the entire staff engaged in English enthusiastically and graciously. Especially helpful, both in person and via email before and after, was manager Erwan.

In short, Le Priori would make for a fine stay in Quebec City even with the occasional hiccup in service, but there were none. Quite the contrary.

Room Tip: The Williams Suite is so reasonably-priced, for its spaciousness and amenities, I would insist on it.
    • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
    4  Thank Andrew W
    Reviewed 9 February 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Le Priori the first weekend of this year's Winter Festival. From start to finish our stay was wonderful. The location is perfect if you want to emmerse yourself in the old charm of Quebec. The price (especially during the crowded festival) was incredibly low. The staff bent over backwards to be accomodating and the room was spotless.

We arrived, after driving through the night in some terrible snowy/icy conditions. We got in around 11:30am well before check in but figured we'd at least drop our bags off. I gave my pleasantries in French (1 year of HS French paying dividends). From then on out all staff graciously spoke to me in English. To our surprise our room was ready and we were allowed to check in nice and early. Considering the conditions outside and our depraved sleep state this was a welcome godsend.

I was given a parking pass to the lot down the road (parking was included...$20/day value), which unfortunately did not work, so I used my credit card to get in to the lot. When I got back in and explained the situation I was told that I'd be credited anything I had to pay out of my own pocket. At check out, without ever bringing it back up, $20 was taken off of my bill. I was issued a new parking pass the next day which worked for the rest of the weekend.

We got a room with a claw foot tub. Not much of a bath guy, but I'd strongly reccomend this option to anyone staying at the hotel. So relaxing!

On our way out that night we stopped by the front desk and made reservations at "Toast" the restaurant connected to the hotel. Again, highly recommend going here. Although a bit pricier of a meal than I'm used to it was on my Top 3 meals of all time list...'nuff said.

Breakfast was also included in our room price so we took advantage of this every morning. Nothing overly exciting but for free it was great. Way more than you get at most complimentary breakfast buffets.

We were offered hand warmers every morning on our way out for the day of festivities. A nice touch from an already wonderful staff.

I could really ramble on and on, but if you are looking for a "home-y" place at a reasonable price in a great location filled with outgoing personable staff (and who isn't??), than stay here next time you're in Quebec!

Room Tip: Claw foot tub in room!
    • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank tdilella09
    Reviewed 6 February 2012

Le Priori is everything you could ask for in a boutique hotel. Ideal location, architectural character and a charming staff. The best feature is the adjacent restaurant "Toast" we had dinner there twice during our 3 day stay. The menu is inspired (bravo Chef Christian) and the owner Stephane anticipates everyones needs..."The Best" we liked it better than Panache.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 January 2012

if you want a reasonably priced, modern, clean boutique hotel in the most convenient location in Quebec. It's in the heart of the Vieux Port quarter, surrounded by ancient charm, within easy walking distance to restaurants, the funicular up to Chateu Frontenac, most sights and bus routes. Front desk staff is helpful. Restaurant Toast is fabulous but expensive. Ample breakfast in the morning included. Only oddity: standard rooms do not have a chest of drawers; hanging closet is hidden behind sliding mirror next to the room door. But down comforter on bed is wonderfully comfy on freezing nights!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are a little larger.
    • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
    1  Thank 301Lake
    Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is a nice, small hotel located in the centre of lower town, close to Place Royale. My room, which was located on the second floor overlooking the historic narrow street below, was clean and spacious, with all the expected amenities. The only small inconvenience, and this is in no way controllable by the hotel, is that snow clearing equipment was keeping me awake a good part of the night. So when checking in in winter, and snow is expected, ask for a courtyard room.

Room Tip: Rooms are more spacious on the street side, however more noisy following snow storms.
    • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business