“Convenient, friendly, clean, affordable”
Review of Hotel Le Priori

Hotel Le Priori
Ranked #6 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here for a few nights over the Easter long weekend and loved it. We would definitely visit again. Although there are few frills, that is why the price stays so reasonable.

Pros: super friendly and courteous staff, delicious breakfast (included in room price), inexpensive parking, comfortable bed, strong water pressure in shower, clean room, quiet (slept well), well-priced, within close waking distance of bars, restaurants, shopping, historic sites, and the river, room overlooked the cobblestone streets

Cons: no pool or fitness centre, parking is across the street in an outdoor, public parking lot

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TCK16
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2012

Dear TCK16,

Thank you very much for writing about your experience at Hotel Le Priori.

We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are glad to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the positive comment about our delicious breakfast. We are proud of our great location: many points of interest are at walking distance!

We would love to have our own parking but this is complicated in Old Quebec. However, our parking is under surveillance 24/7 and is only two minutes walking from Le Priori.

Thank you for recommending us, we will be very happy to welcome you during your next stay in Quebec City.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Wanted to stay in a boutique hotel for a 2 night stay in Quebec. Originally chose this hotel as we were going to take the train from Montreal. We ended up driving but this wasn't a problem as the hotel provided a card for a nearby lot at a cost of $15.00 per day.

After our experience at the Novotel in Montreal it was a delight to be greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk person. The other two people on the front desk at various times were also very friendly as well as the wait person at breakfast.

The room was small but the bed was very comfortable and warm.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Friendly_Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Parking is not very easy in Old Quebec but we do have parking spots available at Dalhousie parking, which is just by the street.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our staff, it is vital to us that every guest experiences a great service.

We hope to welcome you when you will return to Quebec City.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

I just returned from a 4 day stay at Hotel Le Priori in Quebec City. It was my first time visiting the city and I fell in love with it! A large part of this was due to my excellent experience at the hotel, even before we arrived. I had email and phone exchanges with Tania when deciding on the type of room to reserve. I travel with my best friend and we like large rooms, modern bathrooms and a sitting area where we can have "happy hour", a tradition every time we travel. Every day at approx 5 o'clock, we have wine and snacks while reliving the day's experiences and looking forward to a fabulous dinner. Tania and I decided that room 12 (Rolf Benz suite) would be perfect. A few days before we arrived, we realized that the hotel did not have a gym. Even though it was a holiday weekend (Good Friday and Easter Monday), Erwan, the charming and knowledgable General Manager, worked his magic and got us gym privileges at the hotel directly across the street. From the minute we checked in with Andre, meeting Tania the next morning and Erwan, who came to introduce himself while we were having breakfast (great variety and delicious!) to make sure everything was to our liking, the experience was exceptional. I relived my visits to Argentina and Punta del Este with Andre who's face lit up with pride when talking about his corner of the world. He and Tania were excellent at helping us secure dinner reservations at 3 of the best restaurants in Quebec, one being Toast! which is in the hotel.

The room had a private bedroom and another area with a queen sized bed and large closet. The beds were inviting with their immaculate, crisp, white sheets and duvet and 4 fluffy pillows. There was also a dining table with 4 chairs and a leather sofa with coffee table and 2 comfy chairs. A fireplace and alcove with fridge, Nespresso machine (loved that touch!) and closet with iron and ironing board completed the stone walled area with 3 floor to ceiling windows that flooded the room with sunlight. The bathroom was huge with slate covered walls and floor, double sink, large shower and jacuzzi tub and even a sitting area complete with towel covered chair. The toiletries were luxurious (brand escapes me) and every detail was covered down to the sewing kit complete with buttons. There was an ample supply of good quality towels as well as a hair dryer, in short, they thought of EVERYTHING! Kudos to the housekeeper for magically transforming the room from lived in to spotless every day!

I can't say enough about how enjoyable this trip was, largely due to the hospitality of the amazing staff at the Hotel Le Priori. I have NO hestitation recommending this perfectly located piece of heaven in the lower town of Vieux Quebec!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends

Dear CeciNYC,

Thank you very much for this exhaustive review about your experience with us. I am sure the readers will enjoy your sense of detail as your lines offer a great description of our Rolf Benz Suite.

We are very happy to read that we contributed to the success of your holiday in Quebec City. Thank you for highlighting the great job of our housekeeping department. They strive to ensure that everyday our customers enjoy neat and comfy rooms.

Your recommendation is very valuable to us. We will be happy to welcome you again for your next stay in Quebec City.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 April 2012

First, due to a delay in Newark, I arrived very late. The front desks closes at midnight, which is okay, because they have an intercom connected to a night person who can buzz you in. They left an envelope for me on the ground floor, which was nice, but less charming is that the elevator gets shut down after midnight as well.

So, I had to walk up five floors with my bags. When I got to my room, which was very nice, there was no heat. This was late March, still very cold in Quebec City. I was able to huddle under my sheets, but it took two more days for them to fix the heat.

Otherwise, very nice. Bed is very comfortable, style is very contemporary, what I would call Quebec Moderne. An excellent breakfast is included daily.

I realize that it is expensive the front desk open at night, but that, combined with no heat for two days, tempered my enthusiasm for Le Priori.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear BrooklynGarcon,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Hotel Le Priori.

I am deeply sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay. As the front desk is closed from midnight to six, we have no other choice but to close the elevator as it opens on various public areas such as restaurant Toast!. Our night agent can be on site within minutes: he is located on the same street. We usually allocate low floor rooms for late arrivals to avoid walking up numerous floors. I will investigate to understand why the procedure has not been followed in your situation.

Regarding the issue you have faced with the heat, please receive my sincere apologies. We have changed all the convectors that were not effective enough and have backed them with our air conditioning system that can provide additional heat during winter.

Thank you for your positive input about our complimentary buffet. We want to make sure every guest enjoys a great hot and cold breakfast to start the day.

It is always nice to have feedback on everything we have to work on to improve our service. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again to show you our improvements.

Best regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel in order to attend my sister's wedding. The whole family did. It was a fantastic experience. The rooms are beautiful (although some are a little small) and the suites are amazing. The staff was wonderful, helpful and saved the day when we almost forgot the bouquets on the way to the wedding. The cobblestones at the back were a little icy, but I have no complaints about this hotel. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Erwan F, General Manager at Hotel Le Priori, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear kimie320,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Your positive feedback on our staff is greatly appreciated. At Hotel Le Priori, we all make our best to offer the best stay possible to all our guests.
I am sorry that you found our backyard a little bit icy. We were undergoing major renovations this winter and it affected our maintenance program. This is now over and we are getting ready for the sunny season : Toast! restaurant will set soon its tables outside!

On the behalf of the staff, I thank you for your recommandation : this is for us a great reward.

We hope to welcome you soon at Hotel Le Priori.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

we were attending a family wedding.found the rooms to be very clean with an unusual mix of old and new charm .fascinating architecture with good use of space.Has very large windows.Staff were extremely helpful and very attentive to our needs.(they made sure we didn't drive away without the flowers)Breakfast was very good and not the usual fruit/croissants.Our view was of cobble streets and a partial water view.This hotel is close to the museum,art and clothing stores,and numerous restaurants.A 10 min. walk to Le Chateau, the ferry and the train station.Much to see and do!

Room Tip: pick an upgrade for a larger room and especially if you have children.