This hotel is nothing short of fabulous. I concur with all the wonderful things said by other reviewers. The main highlight for me was the warmth and charm of the hotel and its staff. Both the desk and housekeeping staff could not do enough to make us feel welcome and at home. My party was in three separate rooms and one of us was, shall we say, "high maintenance." The desk staff happily and good humoredly complied with all of her many requests, from carrying her bags to helping her walk over icy spots on the way to the car. When we got back to the hotel at night, we were encouraged to relax for a bit and have some hot chocolate (by the way, the included continental breakfast and 24 hour coffee, juice and fruit are wonderful perks--I particularly loved the expresso which came from a machine, but freshly ground the coffee beans.
As other reviewers have said, the hotel is very well located. The building is full of old world charm. I stayed in a standard double room and have to say that it was fine for me as a solos traveller, though, for two people, I'd find it too small and recommend one of the larger ans slightly higher priced rooms. Based on reviews here on TA, I knew to request a room above the beasement level, though I can't imagine any room in this hotel being bad. My only quibble is with the water pressure in my room which was too low. Maybe, that is something that is not easily remedied and it won't, for a moment, keep me from returning to Chateau Bellevue on my next visit to QC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue: Quiet comfort assured in the heart of Old QuebecAny reason to visit Quebec City is a great opportunity to stay at Hotel Chateau Bellevue… a perfect location in the heart of Old Quebec, near Dufferin Terrace and the Citadel, with views of Parc des Gouverneurs and the mighty Saint Lawrence River. Come enjoy the historic charm of North America’s only fortified city, discover an exceptionally beautiful architectural heritage, and bask in the comfort and quality service that only a hotel like ours can provide.At Hotel Chateau Bellevue, exceptional comfort and a warm family atmosphere live in peaceful coexistence with all the excitement Old Quebec has to offer, including a front-row seat of major events. Whether you’re passing through Quebec City on business, or looking for a romantic getaway, or sharing a tour with friends, you’ll soon find Hotel Chateau Bellevue has everything it takes to make your visit a success.Hotel Chateau Bellevue also has an awesome array of tour packages for every possible interest. Fine dining, culture, outdoor activities… Whatever you’re looking for, you’ll find terrific options to enjoy and explore. Just contact our hotel staff to make your reservations for the visit of your dreams… today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Chateau Bellevue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Bellevue Quebec City
- Chateau Bellevue Hotel
- Hotel Chateau Bellevue Quebec/Quebec City