Hotel Royal William
US$318
  • Restaurant
Le Manoir d'Auteuil(Quebec City)
US$183
  • Bar/Lounge
US$188
Starwood.com
  • Pool
Best Western Plus City Centre/Centre-Ville(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$110
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
US$211
US$172
  • Restaurant
Auberge Place D'Armes(Quebec City)
US$174
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Sepia(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$411
US$391
  • Restaurant
Super 8 Quebec City(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$445
US$287
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
All reviewschoice hotelsminute walkold towncontinental breakfastrate includessome great restaurantsfront desk staffwithin walking distanceunderground parkingst rochtrain stationadjoining restaurantan older hotelthe hotel's restaurantwould stay here againnice breakfaststayed for two nights
Reviewed July 15, 2011

We stayed in a suite with a king bed and a large foldout couch in a separate area. The beds were perfectly comfortable and the quarters spacious. Nice clean bathroom. For the price we paid ($400), I expected nothing less.

My complaints: the couple sleeping in the sitting room were woken up several times by what was probably a large a/c unit kicking on and off (room 101). While the receptionists we dealt with were very pleasant, there was a mix-up about the roomrate.
The girl who checked us in quoted us a base room rate of $240 with a supplement of $20 per additional adult, which should have added up to a base rate of $280. However, the girl who checked us in added the additional adult supplements to the $280 figure. I don't think they were being dishonest. It was no doubt a communication problem, which I failed to catch. Bottom line: be sure about the agreed rate and double check the final bill.
Finally, the breakfast was really disappointing. The rate includes a continental "buffet" breakfast, to use the term of the receptionist, but what they don't tell you is that it consists of a few scraps of bread and paperr thin slices of cantelope for a menu value of $5. It's not a buffet at all. If you want anything else, you have to order from the menu at an additional cost. The quality of the food was poor. A few days earlier, we had stayed at L'Auberge de l'Autre Jardin just across the road, which offered a much more generous and delicious self-service buffet with all wholesome, organic fare. The rooms there were just as comfortable and spacious, and about half the price. See my up-coming review on them.

Room Tip: Avoid room 101, which can be noisy due to heavy machinery.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Phiby
Reviewed March 4, 2011

Booked on Expedia, just 5 mins before checking in. They already had me in the system. I was ranting to the receptionist about my day, and she was nice enough to polity listen. We then had a few laughs after wards. She really made me feel better about my terrible day. I don't recall her name, but she was blond and always smiling.

Hotel is about 15 mins from downtown, uphill thoght. If you are older or out of shape, you should take a cab to the touristsy area. Area was REAL QC and I felt very safe even at night. Lots of bus stations and payphones....looked like mostly clean cut college-aged folks roaming around with backpacks on.

Efficient check-in. Breakfast was quite pleasant. Room was spotless.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2011

we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I'm really happy with the experience. The rooms are clean and spacious, and they also have very tall ceilings which I really like. The location is kinda of central to the city and the old town is just a short walk away. The fact that this is a smaller hotel make it even nicer.

My only complain is the view of our room which was just a brick wall!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

"Royal Rip Off"
To Hotel Management,
by the present, be advised that sleeping accommodations is not just a bed, but also a proper sleeping environment. A properly heated room should be a priority for a four star hotel.
Royal William Hotel does not offer this type of service.
As per staff, this is the first mention of this problem. If you read the other comments on this board you will see that they also offer Royal lies. As per post by travelbee1209, they know that they have a Royal problem.
After 5 hours of complaints, (i.e. 4:30 in the morning) we got the staff to cut the whole heating system in our room. The system was actually pushing air conditioned air, (when it's 40 degrees F. outside) This brought the room to an unbearably cold temperature.
We were told that management would contact us on this matter. I.E. Another LIE… They never contacted us. Oh, that’s right, we paid so now, why should they contact us… Royal Hypocrites.
Also note that as per classification, "A 4-Star hotel is much more comfortable and larger, and provides excellent cuisine (table d'hote and a la carte), room service, and other amenities." We were sent to a local restaurant down the street. All that was available at the Royal Rip Off was water from the bathroom tap. (Is that table d'hote, or a la carte?) Hotel Classification as per http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/hotel.html
Now, If you have a car, you have to pay dearly for parking. Another Royal Rip Off…
According to classifications mentioned by www.businessdictionary.com/definition/hotel.html. this Royal Establishment would receive a two star rating at best.
Conclusion: If you want to sleep in Quebec City... Be forewarned… Go elsewhere…

We sincerely hope that tripadvisor does not remove this review. We may be contacted at any time, but let the truth be heard.
thedascommunity

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My stay in Quebec was great. I strongly recommend Hotel Royal William. Close to the Old City and the staff was very helpful especially a young man in the front desk named Antoine.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple