“Fantastic Gluten Free Restaurant”

Le Billig Creperie-Bistro
Ranked #55 of 1,639 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2016

I recently spent a week in Quebec City and ate EVERY meal at this restaurant. The food was amazing, and, best of all, 90% of the menu was gluten free! This was my first dining experience in several years in which I felt like a normal person. I have Celiac disease and I am usually unable to eat at most restaurants. The staff was helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. My lack of French was not a problem. The crepes were great and there was such a variety that I was able to eat all my meals without eating the same thing twice. More importantly, they were delicious!

1  Thank Warren H

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I debated giving this four stars as most of the food was quite delicious. My crepe was extraordinary, probably the best I've ever eaten. One person in our party did not enjoy their food, but I'm not so certain that was the fault of the restaurant. The real knock was the service. Expecting a European meal, I went in with an expectation of a slow paced meal. Unfortunately, there was no pace to the meal. The service was disjointed and horribly slow. From the time we placed our orders to the time we received our meal (crepes) it took 50 minutes. The time spent during a European meal should be spent on conversation at the discretion of the consumer not because it takes almost an hour to whip up some crepes. The restaurant was not slammed by any means by the way. Another knock concerns reservations. We made reservations and were seated by the restroom. I don't particularly enjoy having others walk next to and behind me to go the restroom nor do I enjoy the door opening and closing to the restroom as I attempt to enjoy my food. I understand the top ratings because the food is very good but the service is very poor and should be addressed by management. Also, if someone makes a reservation in advance give them a good table. Common sense on that one.

1  Thank memberat
Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

Those moments when you wander trying to find somewhere to eat and you think, just a little further and it finally pays off!
We visited here and I had a really lovely salad and was spoilt for choice in the offering of something outside of just a ceaser which everywhere does. My partner had a savoury crepe.
The food was great, the atmosphere was good, the service was friendly and there was a good drinks selection. All in all we couldn't have wanted for more.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 8, 2016 via mobile

We dropped in on our day trip to QC. You know a place is good when it's packed and there's a lineup. We waited about 15 mins to get seated.

They seemed short staffed and overall service was slow but friendly.

I tried the crepe with the spicy chorizo, fantastic and filling!
The side mixed green salad that comes with your entree was fresh and delicious with a light tasty dressing.

Well done!

Reviewed August 7, 2016 via mobile

Stopped in for a mid afternoon meal.
Lovely authentic French atmosphere.
Ordered the cider sampler, chose sweet over dry and received 5 samplers at our servers recommendation.
Our unanimous favorite was the Dupont Reserve from Normandy. Smooth and sweet.
Had ham and cheese crepes which my 11 year old daughter devoured.
The hard- boiled eggs in the Composite salad arrived slightly soft...not an issue as we like them this way - perfect - but if you don't like them that way, be sure to ask for hard.
Cafe Americana, espressos were also flavorful.
Finished off the the best dessert crepe.
Lovely server, had a sweet, friendly personality. Spoke excellent English.

Recommend!!