Hotel du Nord
US$113
US$110
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western Premier Hotel l'Aristocrate(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$85
Hilton Quebec(Quebec City)
US$106
US$87
  • Restaurant
Delta Hotels Quebec(Quebec City)
US$120
US$110
  • Pool
Le Champlain Hotel(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$81
Travelocity
US$81
US$251
US$245
  • Restaurant
Auberge Aux Deux Lions(Quebec City)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
Travelocity
All reviewsfree breakfastold quebecprivate parkingbreakfast roomsmall roomqueen sizeswimming poolminute walkyogurthotel is locatedrecommend this hotelnice hotelstayed for nightscanadakitchenettefrench
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 August 2008

I tried speaking French and they didn't appreciate my efforts instead became impatient and arrogant. With the exception of one lady who was originally from France and was a teacher, this staff had never heard of customer service. I was given the runaround from day 1. The phone in the room was not hooked up to be used, neither was the television. The lamp shade was thin and had holes in it from the heated light bulb. This was supposed to be a completely renovated hotel. With the exception of the imaculately clean bathroom and well done bed, under the bed was full of dust, therefore bad for allergies. They had no remote controls that worked nor batteries to replace the ones that were not working. When I brought this to their attention they basically had the attitude "oh well".. en francais of course... had to loose my temper to get any service. Unfortunately, when I had been fed up that is when they decided to finally fix the remote control. Every time I'd go up to the counter I was treated with impatience as if I were bothering them right from the start before even discovering any problems. With regards to the lousy service I was told not to worry I wouldn't be charged for the 2 nights I had problems. However, upon checkout, I was charged the full price.

The breakfast was adequate. Continental. However, they ran out of cuttlery and napkins constantly and were not always replaced. As well you had to clean up after yourself afterwards.

The price was right and they had internet service but not all email sites were accessible. The pool was cute and refreshing. They have a fantastic little hotel not too far from downtown, about a 50min. walk, but they could stand to be better equiped to deal with guests as they had the attitude that guests were an annoyance rather than their livlihood.

Would I recommend staying there? Not a chance as there are so many hotels in the old part of town that even if the service is just as bad the distance is definately a time saver.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2008

Staff was very friendly upon arrival and during the length of our stay. We stayed in a junior suite and it was roomy. There is no elevator, which may have posed a problem if we could not carry our luggage to the third floor. The hall was very narrow as well.

I would not say the surrounding area was very nice, and glad we drove to the Old City, in minutes, from the hotel. Each day we noticed a homeless man in the parking lot going through the garbage collecting bottles and food. There were some sketchy people in the area, but we never felt threatened. Although, I did not want my teenager going out alone at night in the neighborhood.

Breakfast was a loaf of bread on the counter in it's plastic bag, not very good muffins and crossiants, cereal, coffee and juice. It would have been much better with some fruit choices and yogurt. Breakfast upgrade do would do wonders for this hotel. I saw many disappointed faces in the breakfast room.

It seemed everything in the hotel was done at the minimum. From the lack of a towel bar in the bathroom to the lack of cleaning under the bed. The tile floor in the pool area was extremely slippery when wet.

Would recommend this hotel to people on a budget.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2008

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It was okay, not more. It is 5 minutes from Old Quebec, by car, which is okay because there is not much trouble/traffic getting into Old Quebec. The staff is super nice, but we brought our own luggage upstairs ( no elevator) which is okay, but when I asked for the extra cot, as per our reservation, I was handed a mattress (and no pillow) to carry upstairs myself. Over the two nights, and although I asked twice, we never got the pillow so had to improvise with a rolled-up blanket. One staff member was sorry for this, and gave us a $15 rebate at check-out. I think they do not have enough staff. The breakfast was ordinary (bread, croissants, limited choice of muffins, and cereal, coffee and orange juice), but appreciated. For the price, the hotel was all right, not more.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank Love2travel-Mtl
Reviewed 2 July 2008

i booked this hotel via. laterooms.com although the hotel was not sure about the website. I got an awful room and it was changed but not until the next day and then it was a next to the ice machine so not quiet!!!! The swimming pool is nice and so are some of the reception staff. However, my french isn't that strong and the staff were very unhelpful in organising whale bus tour or trying to give me directions.

Buses take for ages and if you add up the price of the cabs you can stay in a much nicer central hotel.

If you have your own car, can speak french well and like staying in an updated hostel this is fine. However, if you like hostels - stay in the one in old quebec (comes highly recomended from a person I met staying there) or treat yourself and stay in a hotel in old quebec - when I got stuck I went to those receptions and staff were really nice.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed 1 January 2007

This is a great, basic, affordable hotel in Quebec City. While it is not right in the center of tourist activities, there are cabs/buses nearby and if you enjoy walking you can get to the Old City in about 20-30 minutes. Very friendly hotel staff. I stayed there during low season and was given a suite for the cost of a regular room. If you just need a clean place to sleep, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2003, travelled as a couple