“PLEASANT EXPERIENCE”

Super 8 Quebec City
Ranked #45 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I, together with my friend from Toronto and her 2 kids, stayed in Super 8 Hotel last month. This was a really amazing experience. The service was beyond our expectation: the friendly staff made sure everything was fine with us. And we found the hotel extremely clean and the rooms nice and comfortable. This is also a nice hotel for families with kids to stay in. The two kids had so much fun playing with the sliding and swimming in the pool that they were reluctant to leave the hotel. From now on this is certainly our 'go to' hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Nathalie D
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2012

Dear Custumer,

I would like to thank you for your nice remarks about our Super 8 hotel! Good news starting from February 20th all the hotel would be a non smoking hotel!

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I'm from New York City and I came to Quebec City and lived at Super 8 Hotel, which did impress me profoundly. The Super 8 Hotel here is totally different from the ones in USA. They offer hot breakfast. and the guys who serve breakfast are all very fiendly and helpful. And the room is very clean and nice. I will come back again...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank anne c
super815530, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your nice comments. We do appreciate you remark and we would be more than happy to see you back to our Super 8!

Reviewed 6 February 2012

We were booked for a hockey tournament in quebec city, I had read the reviews and knew that this was not A 5 star, But to our horror we had booked a non smoking room, get into room and ashtray sitting on desk smell of disinfectant to cover the smoke. Ok we will not be staying in our room to long. go eat and a swim later with pool water so clorinated that it just reeked, understandable as the place was full of kids. Get to our rooms at 10pm to take a shower to wash off clorine to find out no more hot water, call front desk they put me on hold for and never come back, wife goes downstairs to complain and is rudely interupted by the front desk answering a call in the middle of my wifes sentance, told nothing we can do the whole hotel has no hot water, run into a hockey parent on another floor to find out her whole family has just finished taking a shower, I go downstairs to bw told that there was nothing they could do for us as they were boooked solid. Found out next morning that at 6am a family was able to book a room and get it. Basically front desk lied to us and did not care that there was no water even agrred with us. After complaing to Manager was told another manager would contact us to fix things, Martine was just as rude as her staff and told us the bad reviews do not mean a thing to her as her hotel is always booked solid, been a week now and still waiting on Winghsam hotels to contact us, I will never stay at a super 8 or there affliates and I will make sure all the associations in my are Hockey baseball etc.. that they are not welcome there, There are way better hotels or motels in quebec city with slides than this place. at even cheaper rates as we paid the same price as the Hilton downtown quebec. DO NOT STAY HERE MARTINE AND HER STAFF DO NOT REALLY CARE ANYWAY

Room Tip: STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE do not get room in front of elevator when hockey teams there to m uch coming an...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike L

Dear Custumer,

We would like to apologize for all the inconvenients you experience during your stay.

I verify and our water heating system broke that night. All the custumers did not have any hot water from around 10h15 pm to midnight. It was du to the propane gaz pump who heat our system. Our maintenance guy came that night and repairs it. Our general manager offers you a gift certificate for one night that you decline.

We took the decision that from February 20th, 2012 all the hotel would be a NON SMOKING HOTEL! I think it is a great decision to avoid the remark of smelling room.

We are continuing our efforts to make sure that our custumer have a pleasent stay with us.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

Need to say more? This is our second time in this hotel I should have learned my lesson. In our 1st stay 02/2011 I reviewed this hotel so so. But this time around I should've known better. Why did I come back? Bec of the promise from the Manager of this hotel that they will make our stay better this time.

I am still reluctant to come so I called 2 weeks before our check in 02/03/2012 make sure that they give us a quieter room than last year we were at third floor last year and it so happened that there were Hockey groups in our hotel. kids were playing hockey on the hall ways. So I called and spoke to a person named, Kim, only to find out that those hockey groups multiplied to two and they're back also this year. She (Kim) told me that she will put us to first floor this time which is according to her was the quieter of all the floors. I requested to be on the fourth floor away from those nuissance hockey group but she didnt give my request instead she insisted on putting me on first floor. So I told her OK I trust you if you say that first floor is quieter than any other floor I'll take your word for it. I wanted to be on the higher floor so that I wont hear children running on hall ways. She told me that there will be security on guard to control these kids.

Mind you we were here for Aquafest Du Quebec and our children needed to be on the swimming pool by 7am...meaning they need to wake up by 5:30 am. So we try to put our kids down by 8pm. But to our dismay children are in rampant in all the floors again! Doors banging every minute, children screaming and talking so fckn loud and you know what time is it? That's right its 9:30 pm. So i went to the front desk and complain. Nothing happened. 10pm Adults coming in and out that little function room beside the front desk all drunk! So imagine the noise? I still waited patiently 10:30pm my daughter was crying already tired and couldn't go to sleep. I went back to the front desk this time I am really really really FREAKIN OUT AND IRRITATED I told her that what kind of a hotel is this? Or is it really a hotel of playgorund? A bar, a club, drinking place for people to hang out? C'mmon now where are the so called "RESPECT"? Where are the securities that Kim mentioned?

Day two, 9pm I thought it will be quieter than last night but hell no!I am so much in SHOCK there are people SCREAMING like there is a fire in the hotel in that doing in that function room! Adults screaming, cheering, laughing or I dont know what the hell were they were screaming about? ADULTS imagine that? I called back to the front desk 9:30pm only to be told that "we have no control of the situation they are in a room" WHAT!? C'mmon now that room was like five rooms away from our room but we could hear the noise like it was just next door!To add to that she even told me that quiet time in this hotel is 11pm. So where in the world can you find a Hotel that the quiet time is only from 11pm (Only at Super 8, Quebec City)? I am terribly sorry but I am steaming hot of anger! Never ever ever ever again will I stay in this HOTEL! And oh BTW if this hotel is boasting about their pool bec of their slides at the pool, dont get fooled it's toxic in there. IDK about what kind of ventilation are they using but the smell of Chlorine is deadly!!! STAY AWAY! And if there is a manager that is going to try to reply back again to ease my anger forget it. I am not coming back! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HOTEL! Managers dont keep they're promises. And the quiet time in this hotel is 11pm GOT IT?

Room Tip: There is NOOOOO good room here. IF you want to stay awake till midnight stay here. If you want to se...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Before staying at this hotel I reviewed all the reviews and I thought....how bad can it really be? What a mistake. First of I tried to check in at 1 pm. The front desk agent told me that there were no rooms available and pointed to the 3 pm check in time sign that hangs above the reservation desk. Really? I asked. There's not 1 free room in this whole hotel that is ready right now? After some back and forth, she received approval to allow me to check in. The room was actually ready, but they're policy is obviously no check ins before 3 pm. Then there's the swimming pool which I can best describe as a pool of poison. The smell of the chlorine in the room was so strong that our eyes stung just sitting there and watching the children. Then there was the lifeguard who was so completely uninterested in preserving the safety of the children, I couldn't possibly explain. At one point there must have been a hundred kids in the pool and she said in the chair staring off into space completely disinterested, despite the fact that kids were drilling balls at other children emerging from the water slide. Now let's discuss the rooms. If you don't mind seeing other people's hair in the bathroom, it might work for you. There are 2 pillows and one blanket for each bed. DOn't bother asking for others as the housekeeping staff will tell you that there are none. I had 3 housekeepers tell me that there was not 1 more blanket nor 1 more pillow in the entire hotel. I guess they must be afraid that they will be stolen. As if anyone would consider stealing linens (if you could really call them that) that have holes and stains on them.

I really don't understand anyone who says this is a decent place to stay. My dog's "doggie hotel" is much nicer than this dump.

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere

Room Tip: Before staying at this hotel I reviewed all the reviews and I thought....how bad can it really be...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank busterjosh
super815530, Public Relations Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Custumer ,

I just read your review and want to let your know that our check in policy is 3h00 pm to avoid those remarks. It could be possible that the hotel was full the previous day and our custumer can enjoy the room until 11h00 am. You arrived at 1h00 pm and the room was not ready. Usually we ask our people to come back or to wait and as soon as your type of room is ready ,we let you check in. For the pool, the kids love our pool and enjoy the waterslide. It is very sad that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We take your comment for the blanket and we specify at the check in if you need anything to call us at the front desk. You demand should ha been direct to the frontdesk people and we would have been more than please to assist you. I don`t think we deserve the title you gave us....

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Le Super 8 de Québec est une construction neuve. Pourtant, la chambre qui nous a été assignée semblait un peu fatiguée et le mobilier de mauvaise qualité était très égratigné. La propreté était un peu douteuse : il y avait de la poussière à quelques endroits et le long des murs.

Le petit déjeuner continental inclus était agréable et bien garni avec une assez grande salle pour pouvoir s'y asseoir et manger. La piscine et sa glissade d'eau ont été aussi très appréciées, mais il n'y avait aucune surveillance et aucune application des règlements. Un groupe de jeunes a donc monopolisé la glissade en effectuant toutes sortes de manoeuvres dangeureuses...

De plus, lors de l'enregistrement, on m'a assigné une chambre fumeur même si j'avais réservé une chambre non-fumeur. La préposé m'a dit que les chambres étaient assignées de façon aléatoire quand une réservation était faite sur le web. Insatisfait de cette réponse, j'ai été upgradé dans une chambre familiale non-fumeur pour le même prix parce qu'il n'y avait plus de chambres régulières non-fumeur.

En somme, cet hôtel offre des prestations correctes dans la catégorie "milieu de gamme", mais un prix de plus de 100 $ la nuit serait prohibitif.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank LeNord-Cotier
Reviewed 29 November 2011

A two sofa seating arrangment in reception prevents people from standing at the counter while permitting others to leave and enter the hotel. We found an unanticipated reception committee of hotel occupants standing in the hallway outside our third floor room. Each participant carrying a bottle of beer. I phoned the reception to request a change of room and within minutes they obliged with another on the ground floor. Upon exiting our room the group in the hall now double in number with children in tow. We could not access the Internet via wireless or ethernet and the technical help provided by reception suspected their network, being without security code and therefore accessible by the public at large, was blocked by the firewall in our HP laptop. The wireless signal was weak, the ethernet outlet in the room did not function, I could not access the Super 8 server. I noted while at the reception counter another client complained of the lack of wireless for her Powerbook. The vanity counter in the semi-wheelchair accessible was too small to permit us to set up our toiletries. Occupants of the room above disturbed our sleep with their incessant walking. To be avoided, unless you want to party with the kids.

Room Tip: Select the rooms on the uppermost floor.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Odobit
GMQuebec, General Manager at Super 8 Quebec City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2011

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write about your stay. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I will personnally follow up with the front desk to make sure that situation won't happen again concerning all those people in the hallway. Thank you for letting us know about the internet. Actually, we are going to fix the situation by adding more ports to have full acess from everywhere in the hotel.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.

Martyne Drapeau