“Maybe not the poutine”

Le Chic Shack
Ranked #79 of 1,522 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Fast food, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Le Chic Shack is a new gourmet burger/milk shake restaurant opened in June 2012. We also serve poutines, fries and salads. For dessert, we offer milk shakes and ice cream sandwiches. The owners of Le Chic Shack are the sister-brother team of Lucy and Evan Price. They are also owners of the renowned Auberge Saint-Antoine and Panache restaurant in Quebec City. Located in a historic building owned by their family for five decades, Le Chic Shack reflects their culinary and interior design expertise. In creating their new restaurant, Lucy and Evan worked closely with their management team and Chef Mikael Garneau, previously of Panache, The Culinary Edge of San Francisco (California) and their local supplier base.Beyond our tasty recipes, these are some features that make Le Chic Shack stand out:* brioche buns made by local artisan baker Borderon et fils * sweet potato fries (along with fries from white potatoes)* uniquely built poutines - from side to main course dishes* milk shakes and ice cream sandwiches made with old fashioned coaticook ice cream * our own fruit sodas and ice tea* draft beer from the local Archibald brewery* draft wine selected by the sommelier of the Panache restaurant* the dynamism and energy of an open kitchen* a relaxed dining environment with tremendous views of the Chateau Frontenac through large French windowsLe Chic Shack is located on the Place d'Armes in the Vieux-Quebec (Old Quebec), facing the Chateau Frontenac and below the Musee du Fort.
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We chose this place because I had read that they served the best poutine. It was certainly different from the usual, they said it was made with smashed potatoes not fries but the potatoes were in large chunks, and I have had better gravy. A bit disappointing but the fresh pear juice was great.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We stopped by here during off season when the air was just starting to chill the last week of October. Based off the menu, it sounded very much like shake shack (as Dana R. mentioned in a previous review) so we were also intrigued.

The service is friendly, but not attentive- however, being a burger joint I can't really fault them on this as it's not the traditional dine-in experience. We were seated right away, and the waiter took our order promptly.

We ordered some forgettable burgers, the malasa poutine, the salted maple caramel milkshake, and the dark chocolate milkshake. Honestly, I could have done without the burgers at all. In hindsight, we could have honestly just shared one burger and filled up on the delicious and original masala poutine. The cheese curds were the perfect texture and the sauce was amazing. I really would go back just for that alone, but then add in their mouth-watering milkshakes! I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We ate here on a Wednesday night. The place was very busy. The menu is full of burgers and Poutine potato meat bowls. We had 6 people in our group. Two people had burgers and fries. They were cooked and seasoned just right. They come with lettuce, tomato, cheese or whatever other sides you might want. The Poutine potato bowls we ordered came with beef or chicken. They had several different types of sauces that accompanied the bowls. You can also add veggies. They are tremendous and are a very large portion. We also ordered a side of the homemade potato chips with maple syrup. They were like eating a crispy dessert.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Food is great and the setting is pretty cute and cozy. Worth noting: it's pretty much all a la carte (you buy your burger and fries separately). The beer flight I got was worth it and the classic poutine I bought was awesome. The burger was equally delicious, to be clear, but I could have had the beer flight and poutine and still rated it the same, I think. If I find myself in Quebec City again, I would definitely go back since the rest of the menu seemed fully worth sampling it all.

Reviewed 30 October 2017

Great burger place. Friendly staff, craft beers on the patio. Enjoyed our lunch very much, Recommended.