“Great choice for a steak”
Review of Charbon Steakhouse

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Boul Jean Lessage
Description: Le Charbon est l’Authentique steakhouse à Québec. Depuis ses débuts, la qualité et la fraîcheur de ses produits font de l’établissement un incontournable de la Vieille Capitale, dans une ambiance unique en ce lieu historique qu’est la Gare du Palais. Sa cuisine incandescente en est une digne de la plus pure tradition des vrais «steakhouse» : cuisson sur charbon de bois, bœuf canadien de l’Ouest de qualité AAA «Sterling Silver» et procédé de vieillissement à sec d’un minimum de 30 jours de certaines coupes. Le Charbon is the authentic steakhouse in Quebec City. From the first day, the quality and freshness of its products have made it an inescapable establishment in the Old Capital, in the unique ambiance of the historic site of the Old Train Station. The Charbon’s cuisine is worthy of the most renowned steakhouse in the world: maple-charcoal-grilled cooking, AAA «Sterling Silver» Western Canadian beef, minimum 30-day aging process as well as dry aging of certain cuts.
Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

We dined on a Sunday evening. The restaurant was surprisingly slow in attendance. I had the Prime Rib and Caesar salad, which were very good. My wife had the tenderloin, which was undercooked. Unfortunately, after a return trip to the grill it still was undercooked. The rest of the food was perfect. Our server, Kim Ohan did a fantastic job taking care of us. If we were in the area in the future, we would definitely return (we are on vacation).

Reviewed September 26, 2018

Nice ambiance and friendly, professional service. The bar area was very nice as well. My bf and I each had the New York cut I believe it was, both rare - the meat was ok, flavorful but kinda tough especially for rare. For the price I'd think I'd rather the Keg but I still did enjoy my time here.

Reviewed September 25, 2018

Was in Quebec City to celebrate wedding anniversary and husband's birthday. For his birthday he chose a steakhouse and after some research we settled on this one and boy was this ever the best choice! We had reservations, arrived early and were seated immediately. Although the restaurant was very busy ( Saturday night) we had excellent service from our waitress. We ordered a nice bottle of red wine ( the one brought to our table was the wrong one but less expensive so kept it lol) We started with an appetizer of escargots and shared the complimentary coleslaw and bread. We both had steak and they were cooked to perfection and absolutely delicious. When I went to order desert she reminded me that my husband would get a complimentary one for his birthday. I had the crème brulee which was amazing and he had the cheesecake. Overall this was an excellent meal well worth the money. If you're ever in Quebec city and are looking for a great steakhouse look no further.

Reviewed September 1, 2018 via mobile

I wanted prime rib so we did the 20 minute walk to it. Steak was fantastic. Escargot and duck not as much. It wasn't that busy and the staff was slacking. If you want a great steak this is the place.

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Enjoyed my steak here! It was done perfectly! Everything was perfect about this place!! My boyfriend took me here on our vacation and we were not disappointed! I can't wait to try something else next time! :)

Date of visit: May 2018