“Good food, but too noisy for a family meal on the "pub" side”
Review of Cosmos Sainte-Foy

Cosmos Sainte-Foy
Ranked #186 of 1,511 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Known for its eclectic decor, amazing dishes and living ambiance, Cosmos is now a must go in Quebec city. From early in the morning till late night, you can taste generous breakfasts, refreshing original drinks or fabulous diners.
Reviewed 31 December 2016

We booked a table in the evening at the Cosmos for a family meal, and were expecting we could discuss with each other. We were very disappointed to find out we had been assigned to the pub section of the restaurant, which had pretty loud music and prohibited speaking to anyone who wasn't seated directly beside. Fortunately, our waitress was extremely nice and accommodating and seated us in the private room. Our evening was definitely saved by this very kind move on her part. As for food, our group ordered fish and chips, highland burger, cosmos pasta, club sandwich and tartare duo. The only person disappointed by the food ordered the cosmos pasta; they were too salty to be really good. This is a common flaw in restaurants, having an over-salted pasta sauce. The other people were extremely satisfied with their food, especially with the fish and chips which were amazing. The price was reasonable too. Overall a very good experience, highly recommend it.

Reviewed 25 November 2016

I've been here many times when in Quebec City but I was very disappointed this evening. We were a party of 4 and decided to have dinner here as we were staying in the hotel beside the restaurant. We felt rushed and our waiter was rather rude. One member of our party wanted a small meal and they would not let her order from the kids menu. She ended up ordering a bowl of French Fries after the waiter stood there waiting for her to decide. I had the BBQ pizza which was very good but pricey. The other 2 members of our party were satisfied with the dishes they ordered but the food was average to good. The sangria was not good...very sour. I had a glass of wine which was pretty expensive for a house wine. We settled our bill and the waiter didn't even thank us for dining there...he rushed us out. I've had breakfast there many times and it's always been good but I think we will find someplace else to have breakfast in the morning.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Although the plates are a couple dollars over what I would pay for them, the food is fresh and well presented. I had crab cake (just one, for 16$) and a chocolate fondant. I also took the duck eggs benedict (not a great mix in my opinion) but I liked the very fresh fruit salad and potatoes that came with it.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Very busy restaurant popular with the locals. Quirky menu with great quality food. Service is good menus in French and English. Drinks very pricey.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Excellent breakfast, friendly staff , prefered breakfast place in Quebec city.
Free parking , walking distance to hotels