“Very very good”
Review of Le Continental

Le Continental
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Continental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 1,647 Restaurants in Quebec City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Des Jardins
Description: Total EnjoymentIn the gourmet world of Le Continental, traditional cuisine is classical. Enjoy the perfect service, the great flambéed dishes that pay tribute to the delicious French cuisine. The Continental's wine cellar is most impressive with its board of famous selection of French, Italian and American wines. It offers a choice of more than five thousand bottles, four hundred different varieties from Grands Crus classés to affordable prices.
Reviewed August 31, 2016

I was invited sith a large party. Some dishes were outstanding, such as snow crab and steak. Chicory salad was a bit of a dissapointment. It seemed a bit stale. Service very good. I cannot comment on the price as i have been invited. Reccommended.

1  Thank sergej s
Write a ReviewReviews (1,406)

Reviewed August 31, 2016

We dined here last Saturday night, and the experience was a good one overall, with a few caveats. You should expect a very traditional old school French bistro experience, and all flambees and preparation tableside means the atmosphere is pretty loud and a bit chaotic. Personally, I don't need to see my food being prepared, so this entertainment aspect was lost on me. We ordered the lobster bisque (rich and flavorful, not the best I've ever had but enjoyable), my husband had the sirloin streak (very good, but not aged beef as you'd get in the States), and I had the lamb chops (good, prepared simply). For the value, I think there are other place in QC that can deliver more creative food at better prices, but this place certainly fills a special niche in that it delivers that old school bistro experience with a show. It's enjoyable, as long as you know what to expect.

Reviewed August 28, 2016

We enjoyed our first time at Le Continental so much that we came back a second time. Food cooked table side is a special treat. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Lovely evening at Le Continental. Very nice menu and wonderful wine list. This is a place to sit back and relax and really enjoy the meal. Service was a little slow but it didn't take us long to get use to it and enjoy the experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2016

This high end restaurant features waiters in ties and white dinner jackets with many dishes cooked table side. The service was impeccable and the food wonderful. Food both tasty and well presented, came piping hot from the kitchen with covers. Extensive wine list as well.