“fabulous fresh flavors”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed March 14, 2016

This little restaurant is a treasure. The food is fresh and flavorful. Very unique main dishes, tasty soups and creative salads. The breakfasts are delicious and the coffee is served with a pitcher of steamed milk,,, what a wonderful touch. Thank you for all the great friendly service.

MichelleDore, Manager at Le Pain Beni, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2016

Thank you so much for your kind words. We are more than happy to read you enjoyed your time with us. As we've said before, our customers are our #1 priority!

Thanks again,
The Pain Béni team!

Reviewed March 13, 2016

My family and I had dinner here during a recent weekend trip. It was part of the package deal through Travel Zoo we purchased with our lodging. I was a bit hesitant to eat here after looking at the menu online. Entrees noted did not seem to have anything that appealed to me and my adult son and my husband is a vegetarian. Nonetheless, I contacted the restaurant ahead of time to see if they could accomodate my husband's dietary needs, to which the advised was of no problem. My plan for my son and I was if they did not have anything appealing on the menu, we would just stick with the same vegetarian entree for my husband - how could we go wrong?? Well, I am SO pleased to say they did NOT disappoint at all! Frist, we were promptly seated at our reserved time on a Saturday night. The decor and ambiance of the restaurant we found to be very cozy and inviting. Our waiter Jean-Francois (Gilbert) was excellent. My son and I had brisket entree that was wonderful and the chef custom made a vegetarian entree for my husband that was outstanding - bravo! Food was hot, fresh, plentiful and beautifully presented. We could not have askef for better. We hope to return in the near future. Merci!

MichelleDore, Manager at Le Pain Beni, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2016

Thank you so much for that wonderful review! How satisfying to read our customer enjoyed themselves and plan to come back again! Our team work hard and our customer satisfaction is our #1 priority. As you said, we really don’t see any problem accommodating special dietary needs, it’s our pleasure to satisfy you!

We will be more than happy to have you back!

Thanks again,
Le Pain Béni Team

Reviewed March 13, 2016 via mobile

I ate here several years ago and was very disappointed then but not this time. Excellent service and excellent food!!! I could not finish it but thoroughly enjoyed the eggs Benedict. Plates are hot and food is tasty and pleasant to look at. All thumbs up!!!!

Reviewed March 8, 2016

Le Pain Béni is just steps away from the Château Frontenac and Terrace Dufferin. Nice ambiance. Excellent service. Varied choice of appetizers. We had a creamy tomato and root vegetable creamy soup. Delicious! Elaborate main course menu from beef, veal, tuna... elegantly served. The dessert menu is out of this world. My husband chose the crème brûlée. He said he never tasted anything better. I had a chocolate cake (no flour) served with chocolate mousse and raspberry sherbet. Everything was perfect!

Reviewed March 7, 2016

We went to Pain Beni for breakfast. A hip spot, the food was as on point as their modern décor. Menus in brown paper bags were delivered along with a great cup of coffee to start. I had Classic Egg Brouillade; creamy scrambled eggs with feta cheese, chives, bacon, tomatoes and gluten-free toast. The show-stopper was their hash browns; cubes of soft potatoes with a thin crisp exterior. After trying to figure out how they were made our server confirmed they were deep fried. Truly heavenly. They are open for all meals of the day offering indoor and outdoor dining. The cuisine if inventive and fun. Definitely recommend. They can accommodate gluten-free diners.