“Tasty Soft Crepes Street Food”
Review of Le Pain Beni - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: rue du Tresor
Reviewed August 18, 2017

We walked around the church and came across this food stand. My wife suggested to give it a try and the crepes were prepared very well, soft and sweet. This has to be one of my best street food experience.

Reviewed June 15, 2016

I made reservations for dinner at Le Pain Beni on another site and based on online reviews. I was so disappointed to show up at the address to find another restaurant by another name there. They had my reservation though.

My husband and I stayed for dinner and the waitress told us that the restaurant had been changed just the week prior (BEFORE I made my reservations). The menu was very different than we expected and the atmosphere was a bit jarring. The service was good although our waitress and the one other person helping her, seemed overworked and stretched thin. They were serving customers inside and outside and it was not very easy to get back and forth. The food was just okay.

I was really ticked off that we had been basically tricked into eating here. We would not have chosen to eat at Chez Jules if we had seen their menu for one thing and the decor was not to my taste either. The other guests seemed to generally be on the mature side. Do not expect a hip and happening place. I will definitely not be going back there on future vacations in Old Quebec. There were too many other restaurant choices to have wasted a dinner at this place.

1  Thank KaChauS
Reviewed April 27, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the attached hotel and it was wonderful. The food in unique and delicious. The breakfast is especially great. We are staying here again this coming weekend and are so looking forward to our meals and room here. No need to go anywhere else!!!!

Reviewed April 11, 2016

We decided on this place at the recommendation of the concierge of our hotel and the group was happy with the food. The carrot soup was delicious, but there was not too much of it given the price. The onion soup is not the typical style with bread and cheese but rather a broth with some small meatballs. My friend was surprised to receive that, although it was pretty clearly described in the menu.The waitress was extremely friendly and was ready to help with anything. No problem with separate checks which our group appreciated, but a bit overpriced.

Reviewed April 4, 2016

Lovely small restaurant with authentic food, a welcoming staff (even my imperfect French) and a view of the plaza. Complimentary and delicious breakfast if staying at the hotel next door.