“Ridiculously Good”

Price range: US$11 - US$37
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Une ambiance enivrante, un accueil chaleureux comme si vous arriviez chez des amis, un décor d’un chic exemplaire, une cuisine italienne noble, voici ce qui vous attend au Bello… Des pâtes fraîches, des risottos de première qualité, des tartares. Ne manquez pas aussi les pizzas cuites au four à bois !! Terminez votre repas en choisissant l’un des cafés ou desserts Il Flammato, qui sont flambés directement à votre table!! Bienvenu au BELLO & Buon Appetito!!!
Reviewed July 21, 2018

Worth every star. Not cheap. Not absurdly priced either. Everything great, tasty from pasta to seafood. Always crowded.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

Went there for lunch today but was not given English menu. When we asked for English menu, they said they'll just translate. I then asked about lunch menu, since the price on French one seemed high, waitress said lunch was over. I said not possible! It was only 1pm! She then brought out the lunch menu, which was much cheaper 2 course menu. I think they just want to cheat the tourists. Food was excellent though.

Reviewed July 20, 2018

Travel time from the Adirondacks extended greatly by traffic. Held a 6:30 Reservation. Called ahead and spoke with Antonio. He came back with a cheery "no problem" when I asked for the 8:30 seating for 4 adults and 4 children, one child with Celiac needing gluten free options. Promptly seated even though the restaurant was quite full.
Although a usual one waiter assigned, everything was handled team style by the staff. Atmosphere is terrific and even though the windows were all open, they kept the restaurant comfortable in spite of the warm weather. I had a veal dish which was excellent & nicely plated

1  Thank RetiredPD2007
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

We are here twice on a recent trip. The food was excellent. French Onion soup was one of best ever. Service was good but on our second visit the waitress got both of our orders wrong. We noticed one error before they set plates down and sent back for correct type of pasta and then when they came and set both plates down realized they got second order wrong as well . We decided not to send back and live with it since we had already sent back the other dish. Ordered seafood risotto and instead got seafood with squid ink pasta. (It was good but not my favorite). The seafood in the dish was excellent though. I keep the dish but When we informed waitress of the error she just said “oh this dish is better anyways”. No offer to try and Comp drinks or dessert. Not exactly what I would expect in such a nice restaurant. She cleary wasn’t listening to us when we ordered. Second visit not as great as first so a bit disappointed.

Reviewed July 17, 2018

On our recent 6 day visit to Quebec City my husband and I chanced upon Bello at around 9pm on our first night there. The restaurants were all very busy with the Festival Ete Quebec taking place, but they found us a table, and for that alone we were pleased. What came next was simply a terrific meal and attentive, gracious service. We had Capesante al Pernod, Spaghetti alla Anatra, Risotto al Frutti de Mare and Linguini all Carbonara. It sounds like a lot of food because we returned there for our last night because it was so good.

2  Thank Therese P