See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Unlike the previous review, we stayed in Chalet 11 and loved it. The chalet was seemingly new and the view on top of the moutain was lovely. I would not want to stay here if the weather had not cooperated but if the weather is good, this chalet is great. It feels like camping but with the luxury of indoor plumbing. It was nice and quiet which was a welcome relief from town and the view is really awesome. I would have been happy to spend my holiday here.
TIP: this room does not have ANYTHING for meal prep besides a small fridge/microwave. So, if you want to eat out on the deck/picnic table etc, you will need to have cutlery, plates, glasses, etc. We had to plead for some wine glasses but they did finally provide which was really appreciated.(and paper/plastic too)I think the mgmt should consider outfitting the chalet with these basics so people are not disappointed. The high price of the room leads people to expect that these items are provided.

Room Tip: Bring all your own eating supplies!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank regentlamoureux
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Chalet 11 is very small,even for 2,the bed is the smallest we had in 3 weeks of travelling;you are discouraged to have meals in your chalet,there are 2 cups and 1 spoon,so even breakfast is complicated.So going out adds up to the alredy very high price for the chalet.We found the place very disappointing from the customer's point of view.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank burgundian9
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We went camping last weekend.

It's already 30$ per night.... plus 8,50$ for 8-9 logs... that doesn't ever burn because it was to wet...

and on the top of everything, you have to pay to shower!!! 0.50$ for 3 minutes... and the worst is that the water is not ever hot... The 30$ per night should include the shower... I was happy to know that I did't have to pay to go to the toilet!!!

If you are looking for a nice camping, this is certainly not the place you are looking for!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank C4th494949
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We staid in chalet #7 (floors are squeaking badly).
Domaine des Dunes offers very poor quality services for the price, makes you feel unwelcome and tries to squeeze money from you in any possible way.
The personnel is unfriendly and there are signs with the fines that are to be paid if not complying with the regulations everywhere; even nailed in the middle of the table. They want to "save the planet", therefore if you want the towels changed - $5, to use a barbecue - $12 etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank George S
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I booked 3 nights at this Chalet from July 4 to July 7 2011 and they charged me a 25% security deposit in case of cancellation, which I was fine with. The problem was that when I tried to change my booking from 3 nights to 1 night, Catherine and the Manager there said that they would consider my stay reduction as a cancellation, even though I was only reducing my length of stay, not canceling my reservation outright.

They said that they would retain my security deposit and make me pay for the 1 night stay without applying the deposit towards my night's stay. I understand that this place wants to protect itself from cancellations, but given that it is the peak travel season in July, I know that they should not have any problem finding guests. Their attitude has turned me off so badly that I will not be visiting the Tadoussac area at all because of them. They fail to appreciate that I am traveling all the way from Toronto to stay in their cabin, and only want to have a good experience staying there. I am very disappointed with their unfriendliness towards customers.

Room Tip: Do Not Ever Book Here. You'll Get RIPPED OFF.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family