See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 27, 2014

The RV pitches are in the trees and are perfect. They have tent pitch areas which are further into the trees - i dont know what the bugs would be like there.
They had just opened a ropes course at top of site- very steep hill to get up to it along road so not suitable for those with mobility issues. However rope course great but certain obstacles graded by age- my son (5yr old) was allowed to do some with me but others are graded for 8yrs and over, 12yrs and over etc. The price was only $3 so easy to pass an afternoon up there.
Great site to visit tadoussac from- about 2 miles away. Drive through tadoussac village from main road- keep shops on left and playpark/field on right and keep driving.
Very cheap laundry facilities, clean showers/toilets and also childrens playpark central to RV pitches.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank eleanorferguson
Reviewed August 23, 2014

My son and I were on a two week motorcycle trip this past August and we stopped at Domaine des Dunes to camp for the night. The owner insisted on charging us $30 EACH ($60 total) because we had 2 single man tents. Absolutely ridiculous. The owner actually said that if she let us put two tents on the one site, then parents would want to let their children also sleep in a small tent!!!??? Isn't camping supposed to be about such fun?

Thus we went up to the top of the hill to Camping Tadoussac and they did not have such a non-friendly policy.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank A R
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We are no camping family, and typically stay at hotels. But this time, we chose the Camping des Dunes, which offers the obvious and very good camping amenities, but also has a few fully equipped cabins. The stay was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful. The cabin was a perfect 2 floor house with upstairs sleeping and one downstairs bedroom. A fully functioning kitchen meant we were able to stay in and cook for meals, which was nice. I would go back there again if we return to Tadoussac. The camping is only a 3 minute drive from downtown Tadoussac, so it's really not far. And most of the whale-watching tours will come and pick you up anyway, if you don't want to drive to the port yourself.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank alvosc
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay in one of the 3 bed chalets. The chalet was very clean and well equipped for a temporary stay. There was one bedroom on main level and 2 double beds in a loft area; keep in mind the loft is open and has no light or sound barriers. Most kitchen tools, gadgets and cookware on hand. All appliances and furnishings were up to date along with smallish flat screen tv. (If you're into movies I'd recommend bringing along an iPad or laptop with movies and a HDMI cord.) We stayed during peak season and compared to other places in Tadoussac, I thought it was very reasonably priced. I did find their pricing model odd: the base rate is for 2 people, with additional cost per additional person. This means 2 people could rent this unit and enjoy a very low rate, although it's meant for greater occupancy. Of course, more people means more expensive. It's great having kitchen facilities and not having to eat out every meal. Close to town and dunes. You can book whale watching tours when checking in, at a slight discount too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank flashbulb
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently stayed here for two nights in a well forested tent site. The campground is close to town and the attractions of Tadoussac. The grounds were clean and very well maintained. The staff is friendly and were happy to help with suggestions (and discounts!) to local attractions. My only criticism is that there was no advertising regarding the fact that you had to pay for a shower (a reasonable $0.50 for 3 minutes). I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo