See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2016 via mobile

Terrible stay.
This place is nice beside having met the a worker named Bernadette.
She has confronted us 5-6 times with all kind of complaints like: ...your car is not properly parked..(5th wheel 28ft with pickup doesn't feet the spot, even though we've mentioned our 5th wheel size, while reserving the stay., not allowed to unload your truck on the spot..., don't burn wood picked on the ground- 100$ fine..., 11pm without being too loud (we are 35-65years of age with kids), she came up telling us to Shut Up?! Not being nice at all!!! Another group of people, foreign students were chilling without bothering anybody -she confronted them as well. She yelled at us and cursed at us, saying to get out of camping in 10mins. Finally she called the police, I would rather call police myself for such discrimination and racism.
Police came over, saw that we are quite and compliant. Excused them selves and told us to make sure that their not gonna be called again.
She has ruined our vacation, pissed us off.
We'll never come back to this place again. Being in many campings before, but this lady just blew our mind.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2016

Rented a chalet a few days before getting there on the phone for 1 night for myself and 2 young kids. Already quite expensive but the amenities seemed very good. Got there and watched a couple arguing with the front desk about wi-fi and how the regulations are not clearly stated anywhere, and that they are ridiculous. Not a good sign off the bat.

When it was our turn to register, they claimed they had booked it for 2 adults only, that they would have to charge me for the extra person on the spot, while my carsick children were pretty much turning green lying down on the couch in the waiting room of the main office from the long drive.

When I tried to explain to them that they messed up the booking, and that it would be ridiculous for me to pay an extra chunk of money for something they messed up on, on an already expensive rental for only 15 hours of stay, and that I just wanted to go to the chalet as my kids were not well on the drive here and threw up a couple of times. The girl behind the counter understood but said that she could not do anything, so I asked to speak to a manager.
After explaining to the manager the same thing over again, she balked and dismissively said that it is their policy, that I should have checked the receipt they sent to my email address (which was in junk mail), it's not their fault that my kids aren't feeling well, and that they'd have to charge me the whole new amount. I asked to just pay the deposit then and leave, and they said they'd charge my credit card the whole new amount anyhow, so it was up to me.
A little more understanding and empathy on their part would have gone a long way. Zero customer service skills on the part of the manager.

The chalet was impeccable though, as is the campground itself.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2016

Stayed here for three nights in August. We camp in a tent-trailer. Privacy between sites was fair. Size of site was fine as well. Friendly staff. Very conveniently located. 5 to 10 minute drive to the main waterfront area of Tadoussac, 5 minute drive to the dunes and 20 minute drive to Cap de Bon Désir. 1 hour of free wifi per day. A couple of drawbacks: very small picnic tables and quarter operated showers that were not as clean as we would have liked.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank chantal_less
Reviewed August 7, 2016

We booked a tent spot for 2 nights for the first week of August and they charged a 25% security deposit in case of cancellation, which we were fine with. Due to family problems we had to go back home earlier, so we had to cancel your trip. We phoned them more than 24 h in advance from the first night, but they told us that they would retain the ENTIRE amount of the 2 nights, because we should have phoned at least 48 h before. What was the point of the security deposit? and above all, why making me pay the second night, if I'm advising you 48 h before the second night? The costumer service is AWFUL, they were very impolite on the phone and they told us to phone back the day after, so that MAYBE if we were lucky we could have the chance to speak with the manager. The person I spoke with didn't want to identify herself and didn't want to tell me the name of the manager. I phoned the day after and they treated me the same way. This is really awful, I've never felt treated so bad and I'm super disappointed. I'm sure they found someone else ready to replace our spot very easily, in such high season, so I'm very disappointed by their unfriendliness towards costumers.

Room Tip: Avoid to go there!!!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

We had a wonderful stay here in a simple cabin that had everything we needed. Right by the sand volleyball court was a bonus! Kids LOVED the low ropes course (added fee but go as often as you like - good range of challenges and beautifully done). Close to the sand dunes (short drive) which are a highlight of Tadoussac!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family