“Escalated price on arrival”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Le Deauville Motel

Le Deauville Motel
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Trois-Rivieres
Toronto, Ontario
“Escalated price on arrival”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2010

I made a phone reservation through the Hotel's booking agent - Venere.com. I had reserved a room for two nights for a total of $ 151.00 plus taxes. I also received an e-mail confirmation from the agent. When we reached the hotel, the reception desk was unable to honour the rate the agent confirmed and said that Venere was told that they were giving wrong rates to travellers and that they could not allow the rate that I was quoted. She then called up her boss who said that she would have to increase the rate and if we accepted it we could stay, otherwise we might have to look for something else. I argued with the Front desk but agreed to pay the increased rate as it was around 10.00 p.m. and since we were ladies travelling I did not want to leave and look out for other accommodation.

If the Hotel does not honour the agent's rates, why do they use the Agent. I have sent an e-mail to the Agent asking for a refund of the difference and I am waiting to hear from them. While Le Deauville is a nice hotel, it is very frustrating to have been told this when we arrived. I am sure they would have known about the rate that I was offered much before we arrived, but had they told us this before, we would have changed hotels and made other reservations. They would have lost their business so they did not inform us about this earlier. Can you imagine a family reaching at part of the day and having to be told that we would need to pay extra or we could not stay. ABSOLUTELY UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNETHICAL OF THE HOTEL. They should have honoured Venere's rate and claimed the difference from Venere.

I hope Venere is made aware of this by the Hotel and that I would like the extra amount refunded to me.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
6 Thank JeanToronto_Ontario

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Travellers also viewed these Trois-Rivieres hotels
2.0 km away
3.0 km away
Hotels Gouverneur Trois-Rivieres
Hotels Gouverneur Trois-Rivieres
#6 of 18 in Trois-Rivieres

Been to Le Deauville Motel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Le Deauville Motel

Property: Le Deauville Motel
Address: 4691, boul. Gene-H.-Kruger, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec G9A 4N4, Canada
Region: Canada > Quebec > Trois-Rivieres
Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Spa Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Trois-Rivieres
Hotel Class:2 star — Le Deauville Motel 2*
Family motel held for over 30 years. We have a quiet costumer base, open 24 hours / 7 days, with special prices for workers (about a week). We offer free internet, multi-lingual staff (Spanish evening), 3 stars. We are close to all shopping center, cinema, theater, downtown, golf, fishing, close to the river, parks, museums and many restaurants. We have beautiful family suites accompanied by a large grassy area, to the delight of our sports teams with picnic tables accessible and relaxing small stretches. Good breakfast continental free. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity.ca and Priceline so you can book your Le Deauville Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Le Deauville Motel Trois-Rivieres, Quebec