“super poor service”
Review of Prince Albert Inn

Prince Albert Inn
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Prince Albert
Reviewed 5 March 2012

the hotel raised their prices to 140.00 a night and for it you recveived absolutely nothing. We had a smoking room and it stunk of smoke and stale beer. The carpets were filthy and my white socks were black by the end of the night. The room was supposed to have been cleaned but we found someone's underwear by the bed. Yuck!! You could not drink the water so they provided two bottles of water for making coffee in the morning. The pool was closed due to the water issues the city was having. The walls are so thin you could hear the party next door and the slamming of the doors all night long from people going in and out of the room next to us where the party was unbelievable. The hallways were filthy and the general atmosphere of the hotel was unkempt. I use to love staying there as they had reasonable rates and it was clean, and was amazed at how poorly the service and the cleanliness of the hotel has become. The convience of having it connected to the casino is great but I will stay at another hotel in the city for my next trip and drive to the casino. No reduction in rates for amenties and water usuage not available...no continental breakfast and overall very poorly run. I would have thought that they would have made an effort to appease people for the lack of services.

Room Tip: Unfortunately I can't offer any advise as I was so dissapointed with hotel this trip.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Harriet444

Reviewed 13 February 2012

My daughter plays peewee girls hockey. The girls on her team were done hanging out I told my daughter to go to bed, but she couldn't because people were yelling in the hallway and the walls are thin there! However the room was clean, the staff was friendly, and my overall rating is 4 stars! If you want to stay in the best hotel in PA... Stay at the days inn, amazing expearance there when I stayed there with my son!

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank Crissy2000
Reviewed 27 October 2011

When I checked in the person at the service counter was extremely friendly, he went out of the way to make me feel welcome and appreciated. The main corridor, public elevator and fire exit stairs could use some TLC. The halls needed paint, some of the knobs were loose and missing parts. The cleaning crew was adequate, but not courteous. The room was clean and, thankfully, in better shape than the common area. The best part of the hotel was the convenient location and ample parking.

• Stayed: October 2011
3  Thank primeconvoy
Reviewed 1 October 2011

First I will say that the staff was great, and the rooms were nice and clean. However, the sound-proofing in the hotel is non-existent. You can hear every person walking down the hallways, conversations in the hallways, and every step from the people above you. Because of the Casino, and a wedding at the hotel, there were people up walking around most of the night, which did not make for a restful sleep for me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 21 September 2011

From check in to check out, I enjoyed my stay at the Prince Albert Inn! Food was great in the restaurant, had the pool to myself and a king size bed to stretch out in! New favorite place in Prince Albert! Will recommend to my collegues! (Also love the $15 voucher to use at the casino that is connected with a skywalk)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank HappyTraveller212
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We came into town for a funeral and were so impressed with the empathy and efficiency of all the staff we came into contact with. The rooms were obviously redone, extremely clean and spacious. Thank you to all the Prince Albert Inn for a great experiance during such a hard time.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
10  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband and I were on holidays at the lake and the weather had been miserable for more than a week, so we decided one morning to pack up and head to Prince Albert and the casino. We went to The Prince Albert Inn, as we could see it had a skywalk attached to the casino.
The lobby is very nice, and I was rather impressed. We walked up to the front desk and were greeted right away by a young woman with a smile. She was very friendly, and we found out it was just her third day on the job. There were two others there to help her, and all were very nice. We checked in with no problems.
We got a king room on the main floor. Walking down the hall from the front desk, the first half of the hallway is tile and is very loud when rolling your suitcase or a luggage cart across the floor. I was glad we weren't in a room that had the tile in the hall in front. The tile turned to carpet, which had big bumps in it. It looked as though there had been a flood and the carpet had been dried and needed to be stretched.We got to our room and it was a mixture of - this is pretty nice to yuck. When you first walk in, there is ceramic tile and an area for the coffee pot with a nice sized stainless steel fridge. Bathroom was okay. Step farther into the room and then it's carpet. The filthiest carpet I have ever seen in a hotel. It seems as though they've remodelled the first 5 ft. of the room, and left the rest. The first thing I did was turn down the blankets on the bed to check the sheets. There were yellow stains ( I hope they were stains) and hair in the sheets. I went to the housekeeper we had passed in the hall and asked if I could get some new sheets for our bed. She brought them right away and I remade the bed - minus the blanket and comfortor. I was very grateful we had brought our sleeping bags with us from the lake. There was an armchair in the room, and the arms on it were so greasy and dirty my stomach rolled. I said to my husband that if they don't want to purchase new chairs for the rooms, they should at least take them out! I would've rather had no chair in there than that filthy thing.
This is a nice property with an excellent location. It's a shame it feels so grungy. The rooms are decent size, have a really nice fridge and the bathroom is okay. It doesn't matter to me that the curtains and comfortor (which btw, had a big hole in it) are from the 70's, but I do expect clean. The staff were all friendly, and if you're there for the casino, you can't find a better location. That is why I am saying I would recommend this hotel, but I recommend taking slippers and bedding.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple