We stayed at this hotel for a wedding during the Thanksgiving long weekend. We were there for a wedding along with two other couples. The first impression of the hotel is very good, looks new and is very nicely decorated. The other two couples booked at the same time under one name, we then called later that day and requested to be put near them in the block reserved for the wedding.
Check in – total disaster. This was the MOST painful check in experience of my life. The other two couples had requested rooms next to each other and were told it would be no problem, that they would get rooms 226 & 227. Upon arrival they received 118 & 227. They were told that the reason they didn’t get rooms next to each other was because 226 was a part of the wedding block… well we were all there for the wedding and were supposed to be a part of the block of rooms so that makes no sense.
Then it was our turn. We had requested to be near our friends, but since they weren’t even near each other it was pretty obvious that wasn’t going to be happening. We filled out the little form they give you and she took our Visa. After 5minutes of waiting for the check in clerk, she looked at us like we were crazy for still being there and told us we were done. No directions to our room? There are two wings to the hotel, so a point in the right direction would be nice. She didn’t even tell us how much the room was going to cost us. Any other time that either of us has checked into a hotel they have confirmed with us the price that we will be paying and we have initialled it to say we accept it. We received room 108 – a smoking room. I don’t think so, no way. When we booked the room we booked a non-smoking room and there’s no way I’m sleeping in a room that smells as bad as that one did. It was terrible. We went back to the front and asked to be moved, but we were told the hotel was full and that we couldn’t be moved. Luckily for us one of our friends is a smoker and they were willing to trade us rooms, which took another 5minutes at the front. No idea why it should take so long to simply switch two people’s rooms.
After the check in, everything else was fine. The rooms are pretty standard hotel rooms, nicely taken care of, with a nice duvet. The bathroom is large, although the counter space is severely lacking and there is only one sink. Not enough room for two overnight bags with the ice bucket & glasses and everything else they have on the counter. They do have a curved curtain rod to make more space in the shower though which I really liked. I’d say the noise in the room is below average. You can hear people in the hall and you can hear doors closing, but it was quite a bit quieter than older hotels. We also didn’t hear anyone on the floor above us or in the rooms next to us.
The free continental breakfast was kind of a joke. Most places I’ve been put out cereal, muffins, toast and fruit in the lobby and you can help yourself. Here you get a coupon that you take to the restaurant. You can get toast or a muffin, and a fruit cup or yogurt. If you don’t want that then the coupon is good for $3 off any menu item. We both had the muffin & fruit cup. The muffin was good but the fruit cup was small and was just cantaloupe and honeydew melon. It simply isn’t much food, but it’s good and fast if you’re in a hurry as we were.
All in all this is a fine hotel. We had issues with the check in but once it was all fixed (by us, not by them) our stay itself was quite nice. I would stay there again, but I would hope for a serious improvement in service, and I’d make sure that they realize when I say I want a non smoking room, I mean a NON SMOKING room, not just a room that isn’t going to be smoked in while I’m there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on the North Saskatchewan River in Saskatchewan's "Gateway to the North" guests will enjoy easy access to the area's best outdoor adventure and exciting attractions. With every stay at this full-service Saskatchewan hotel, guests of the newly renovated BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites will receive friendly service and plenty of thoughtful amenities, including spacious guest rooms and suites, cable satellite television, free wireless high-speed Internet access, a complimentary daily hot breakfast in the Terrace Cafe, an energizing exercise facility and an on-site lounge. Plus, we are a pet-friendly Best Western Prince Albert! Business guests can also enjoy working and staying at this quiet Prince Albert, Saskatchewan hotel, with business services and meeting facilities at their fingertips whenever they need and our close proximity to local organizations - like the Prince Albert Grand Council, Northern Lights Casino and the federal penitentiary. Just outside this cozy hotel in Prince Albert, guests will find myriad activities to enjoy and plenty of Saskatchewan attractions to see, including the Northern Lakes, Rotary Police Museum, the Kinsmen Water Park and the First Nations University. Want to take in a hockey game while you're visiting? You're in luck because the Art Hauser Centre Hockey Arena - home of the Prince Albert Raiders - is close to this hotel in Prince Albert. Other nearby attractions include the Northern Lights Casino, the Diefenbaker House Museum, Little Red River Park and South Hill Mall, just to name a few. Start planning your Price Albert getaway today by booking a stay at the BEST WESTERN Marquis Inn & Suites. Plus, when you reserve a room online, you can save at this hotel in Prince Albert. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Best Western Marquis Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Prince Albert
- Prince Albert Best Western
- Best Western Marquis Inn & Suites Prince Albert, Saskatchewan