“Spot on!!!”

Ranked #14 of 33 Hotels in Regina
Houston, Texas
“Spot on!!!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just home from Regina after attending a conference at the Delta Regina. Every person I encountered, from the management, to the housekeepers, to the banquet staff, to the bartenders and servers, to the set up crew, was absolutely wonderful - accomodating, friendly, helpful, and just plain good at what they do. The international group I worked with (I planned the conference for the group of about 260) all raved about the service and friendliness. Good location and spot on service! A HUGE thanks to the Delta Regina and it's fabulous management and staff!

1 Thank dawnlangl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
Esterhazy
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Incredibly nice staff!! Our son lost his blanket and the manager helped us look in the hotel room and in our vehicle!! The waitress in the lounge as so nice to us after we spent 2 hours waiting in the doctors office by putting on a children's show on the big screen TV as we ate (there was no one else in there). It is my favorite hotel!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gandm01
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I don't mind staying at this hotel, although I find the room pricey based on the amenities. It's not my first choice in Regina. It is conveniently located downtown; there are a few restaurants nearby within walking distance. The hotel is right across the street from the downtown shopping mall, as well as across the street to the north side for the casino. I didn't go to the casino, so cannot comment, except to say there is a lot of activity at all hours of the day.

Room was clean and a good size, bathroom was clean, and the window opened to allow fresh air into the room. The downside to the fresh air is the sound of the rail yard below (behind the casino) that was a little disturbing through the night as what seemed to be rail cars clanging together as the cars were attached. That's the trade off for fresh air. There are a few rooms on each floor, and the hallways are quite narrow. Most rooms are close to the elevators.

I had to leave the hotel in the morning at 03:30 to catch a 05:00 flight at the airport. I would have appreciated valet parking versus having to walk to the parking garage at that hour. I wouldn't recommend women take this walk at that hour.

The lounge in the hotel was good, there was a good assortment of beverages and food, and the ~60" HD TV's were very good. Mind you I found the chairs very uncomfortable; the metal backed chairs aren't something you can easily relax in.

Room Tip: Facing away from the rail yard if you want to open the window for fresh air.
Calgary
Reviewed 19 April 2012

First the good stuff. Friendly helpful staff. The gym was really good; lots of equipment and well maintained. Good location next to the mall (and casino if you are into that). Near downtown (walking distance). Great value breakfast for $13 (all you can eat buffet). Nice bar too. The pool looked great too.

I don't have many negatives to be honest; if I were to list a couple, they would be that the place is looking a little tired (the rooms are older style and cramped), and it wasn't a cheap night's stay at $150.

Overall, I would stay there again.

Regina, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stay in Hotels in Regina quite often just to enjoy the down town and to get away just far enough to be alone and spend a weekend enjoying shopping, dining and each other. We ahve done this for years, and the Delta has never dissapointed us. Always a spectacular view of the city, one would not think we were in Regina. It has sure grown to the East. The hotel was great and the room was good, but the view...spectacular. We stayed on the 22nd floor facing North East and what a view. The front desk staff were just excellent and made us feel like we were really important to them. We will be back, probably not as soon as we would like.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I travel to regina frequently and have stayed at several hotels, but I believe Delta Regina to be the best. With the exception of Saskatoon, Regina seems to be the busiest accommodation market, so you may have a hard time getting a room sometimes. The Delta is centrally located and attached by skywalk to a great shopping Centre and to casino regina. It is also a few blocks from mosaic stadium. I would recommend anyone become a member of delta privilege as with 5 stays you get $200 and room upgrades- I was a Platinum member this year and got many upgrades to jacuzzi suites, free breakfast, snacks, lounge access. This Delta also has a great waterslide and pool/hot tub and fitness Centre. Beds and pillows are exceptional, quiet (ask to be away from elevator) great breakfast buffet with cooked tomatoes, beans, pancakes,fruit, and more. It is now the only place I stay when in Regina.

Room Tip: Upgrade to suites, away from elevator, great mall and casino through skywalk.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank SaskTraveller5
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I stayed at the Delta Regina while I was in the city for a doctor's appointment. I definitely had a better experience than one of my previous stays. I used my Air Miles to book the room, and despite not having a single queen room when booking they were able to accommodate my request upon check-in. Parking is a little pricey at $17/day, but at least it is a secure underground lot. My room was nice and clean, with good working wireless internet. The bed was comfortable, the view nice, and the temperature in the room easy to adjust. The room service food was reasonably priced and tasted great, with good-sized portions. The pool area was nice, with a fully-filled and hot whirlpool. The hotel was able to accommodate my late check-out since my doctor's appointment was later in the day. I was very happy with my stay this time, and would stay again. I would recommend this hotel for both business travelers and families.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the nicest, but small if you are traveling with a family.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business