“Disappointed”

Memories Fine Dining
Ranked #4 of 581 Restaurants in Regina
Price range: US$8 - US$32
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Core
Description: Proudly serving the world since June 1989. Come in and enjoy a nice meal in our dining room or a lighter pub style menu in our lounge that offers the greatest selection of single malt scotches in the province. We also have 2 big TVS in our lounge for you to enjoy all sporting events excluding ppvs. Great wine list that offers over 130 selections. We are in the process of major renovations which will be completed by the end of June and believe us when you see the finished product you will be very impressed.
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 February 2017

I was craving a Greek salad, which I have had many times in the past from other restaurants. I ordered it from Memories since it was close to my work and I could pick it up for my lunch. When I got back to work and opened it up, my salad did not have ANY lettuce! The vegetables weren't cut up very well at all, I was also given one big chunk of feta (which normally it's broken up), and the dressing wasn't very tasty at all! I paid $10, and even had given them a tip before realizing I was not happy. I called them to complain and that's when they told me that that's a traditional Greek salad and it doesn't come with lettuce. How is a non-Greek person supposed to know that?!

• Visited February 2017
Thomas S, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, 22 February 2017
Dear Cassandra.

It is with a great disappointment that after I talked to you over the phone and we agreed for you to come back and get a free Greek salad with LETTUCE this time you chose to go to the TripAdvisor and express your dissatisfaction.

When you called and yelled at my employee George, I picked up the phone and I explained to you that we are not in business to argue with our customers, rather we are here to make people happy.

As you see from all comments below we have deserved all the accolades that we have gotten.

You argued with me about to what a Greek salad is and I found that very funny, I hope that from my accent I wouldn't be anything else other than a true Greek.

I understand that some of my compatriots have changed our amazing Greek salad by putting romaine lettuce as you can see in our menu since 1989 ours is a VILLAGE GREEK SALAD that indicates NO ROMAINE LETTUCE.

I was kind enough to fulfill your satisfaction by adding lettuce and I thought that you would be happy, I was waiting for you after we had agreed for you to come back and a get a FREE one but you chose not to but instead you wrote a bad review in the TripAdvisor.

I think that this is low.

By the way the salad for take out its $9.00 and not $10.00 as you indicate, if you look again in your bill you will find out that I am correct.

As for the chunk of Feta cheese let me assure you that we put more cheese on your plate than the others who crumbled a bit of Feta to show that it's a lot.

As for the dressing, we are very proud of the way we prepare it, in true Greek fashion, so sorry that it was not to your taste, usually our clients ask for more bread for dipping.

And finally as to how a non Greek person would know the difference, when you spoke to me you sounded very confident about it and asked to go and see how others are doing it.

In any case I hope that you are going to get over it, there are worse things in our world.

Please give us another chance to prove it to you that we are a great place to come an enjoy an amazing evening.

I also hope that you will write to TripAdvisor and remove your comments.

Yours truly

“Valentines to remember!!”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I decided to go out to Memories after looking at on the TripAdvisor site. Let me just say, the reviews are warranted. What an amazing evening!! The food was outstanding and what a great menu!! Not in the least overpriced as some reviewers have mentioned. I especially love the fact that the owner answered every comment. But the real treat of the evening was our server. I only wish I could remember his name. This young man was outstanding. You know it's a busy Valentine's Day supper, he took time to make sure we were attended to, and kept us up to date when our food would be arriving. What a personality every table around us seemed to be enjoying his service. Plus he even helped the servers around him!! And get this, he was even able to speak French to a couple of other tables. Just like in the fine dining restaurants in bigger cities!!! Honestly the best service we've ever had. You would be hard-pressed to find a better waiter anywhere. And we have travelled a lot. This young man, along with the owner who came and checked on us a couple of times truly made this an amazing romantic evening. Thank you to Memories, any negative reviews on here I cannot believe they went to this establishment, easily the best in Regina.

Visited February 2017
2 Thank Isaac E
Thomas S, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, 21 February 2017
Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your very kind and wonderful comments and for all the small details that you provided it and also for your time to express them to all TA members.

We are extremely happy that your experiences were amazing.

We would also love to thank you for all the accolades for your server and the rest of the staff.

They are really worthy of them since they are the back bone of our successes.

They are very well trained and always willing to go the extra mile in order to make sure that your visit would be a positive one and absolutely amazing.

We are looking forward to your next visit, until then please keep healthy, well, safe and spread the good word around.

“Excellent choice”
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and excellent service every time I dine at this restaurant. Wonderful atmosphere!!!!!

Visited February 2017
Thomas S, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, 16 February 2017
Dear Carolyn.

Thank you so much for your very nice comments and for your time to express them to all TA members.

Please spread the good word around, until your next visit please keep healthy, well and safe.

Regina, Canada
“Wonderful family dinner”
Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a soft, romantic, highly professional, super clean restaurant. Yes there is a dress code, but it's so worth it. The staff are lovely, they know their menu well. The food is fantastic. It is on the pricier side but it's worth it for a fine dining experience. Their meals are attractive too, they are served with such elegance and colour.

• Visited July 2016
Thomas S, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, 14 February 2017
Dear Becky.

Thank you so much for your very kind and wonderful comments and for your time to express them to all TA members.

You couldn't describe our wonderful dining room in any better way.

Please spread the good word around and until the next time please keep healthy, well and safe.

Looking forward to your next visit.

Estevan
“Go, you will not be disappointed ”
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

Delicious!! We were there for the first time and not the last time! My husband had the lamb rack and utterly raved about it!! I had the lobster, very well done and a good size also. Such lovely atmosphere, we had a nice cozy booth, and a great time!! This is the best restaurant i have eaten at in Regina hands down. Keep up the good work, and see you soon :)

Visited January 2017
Thomas S, Owner at Memories Fine Dining, responded to this review, 5 February 2017
Dear guest.

Wow!!!

We are so glad that your experiences with us were amazing.

It was our pleasure having you and we are looking forward to your next visit, please spread the good word around.

Until the next time please keep healthy, well and safe.