All reviews front desk close to downtown free breakfast king bed rooms are quiet lots of parking hot items hotel is located front entrance hot tub breakfast room excellent stay downtown saskatoon hie convention pillows microwave
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Six of us stayed at the hotel in a room with 2 queen beds for 2 nights. We all liked the hotel and can recommend it. It's reasonably priced and conveniently situated in the downtown area, not that far from the airport. No charge for parking. Staff are very pleasant and helpful. The place is clean and we hardly heard anything from our adjoining rooms. There's no restaurant or bar in the hotel, but there is a great free breakfast that's served every morning. Lots of food choices - eggs, sausage, pastries, pancakes, fruit, tea, coffee, juice, etc. Used the pool with our grandkids for an hour one night and enjoyed it. The fitness room is small - only 3 machines.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I stayed here for work for 4 nights in February for a convention. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and courteous and I had no problems with the pre-paid reservation. The rooms were well kept and very clean. This hotel is by some train tracks, but you won't notice the noise in your room. This hotel is located close to restaurants, bars, and is a short walk from downtown. If you are in Saskatoon for work or pleasure, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

this hotel was very nice and the rooms are very large.
the only downside is the railroad tracks near by.
Thankfully, there are not many trains going by.

I liked the breakfast, lots to choose from.

as a Priority Club gold member, everything was ready when I got to front desk and they even gave me a small welcome basket :) I really liked the special touch. very professional

I will return for sure

rooms are a bit expensive but I think all of Saskatoon is expensive

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Stayed when travelling through Saskatoon after an 18 hour drive from U.S. midwest. Hotel was packed with a variety of folks (softball teams, soccer, couples, etc) and seemed to be very popular. The room was new decor and clean albeit a bit noisy from hall noises. It is a pretty standard layout for the HIE franchise but the building finishes were definitely refreshing! Same breakfast as always! Prices seemed high for this hotel chain but the local area economy is booming (especially when compared to back home) and it shows.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

The hotel is part of the Holiday Inn chain, and was - in my opinion - better value than most of the other "HI express" I have stayed in. it was a good experience, but the hotel is rather high priced (cheapest rate on the net is 156 CAD).

Staff at the hotel reception was super friendly and helpful, even though I had a technical problem with my visa card. Check-in was fast, and sufficient staff was available. Room/bathroom was the typical HI style, but spotless clean.
The hotel has a free parking lot, although not too big for this size hotel, so usually quite full. Still I could find a free spot every night. The room includes a complementary breakfast. Breakfast includes juice and (good) coffee, muffins, toast, eggs, sausages, yogurt, ... the breakfast area is kept very clean, like the rest of the hotel.

All in all, a very good experience for a slightly high price.

If you want a nice place for dinner close to the hotel: just 100m south of the hotel, there is the "Saskatoon Station Place". Try it, it's a good place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business