i was really hesitant about staying at this hotel, but it was the only hotel available for the night we were staying in saskatoon, and unfortunately i am proven right about it
-the receptionist was really weird, it isn't so much that she was overtly rude, but i've got the feeling that she didn't like us very much, and she speaks in a very quiet voice that i can barely hear what she's saying
-when we asked about parking, she said in a very very quiet voice that there is a parking lot but it's basically full. i think it's unacceptable these days to have no parking for your paying guests. luckily we arrived at 5.30pm and the roadside parking is free from 6pm till 9.30am, and we weren't going to stay past that time in the morning anyway
-the hotel is in continuous constant renovation by the looks of it, we were in second floor and the hallway was dark, wiring showing everywhere, renovation equipment everywhere, there were two boxes of martha stewart's sink cabinets, which unfortunately wasn't installed in our own bathroom
- instead we got a really old bathroom with old plumbing and dodgy paint
- our room is supposedly already renovated, but the decor is really quite crap still, to be honest, the room's quite small, the door is banged up and cannot be locked!
- i'm also really sensitive about dust and smells, the 5 minutes i was in my room, my throat started to itch and hurt. it smells musty & dusty. actually it starts to smell dusty as soon as I entered the elevator from the lobby
- bedding was clean, so at least i can sleep
- wifi, which is standard for hotels these days anyway
- close to shops & restaurants as it is in downtown saskatoon
i don't think they should mislead by saying that they're a boutique hotel. to me that's totally misleading. especially with the photos of the rooms shown on their website, saying that they are already renovated, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Saskatoon boutique downtown hotel, the Hotel Senator features Rembrandt's Fine Dining & Wine Bar with international cuisine, Winston's English Pub & Grill with over 50 taps, 80 imported ales, ciders, stouts and lagers and a home away from home personal attention and service. Your room awaits! Safe travels and we hope to see you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Hotel Senator Saskatoon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Senator Hotel Saskatoon
- Hotel Senator Saskatoon Saskatchewan