“Nice in a pinch”

Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre
Ranked #32 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I had to travel to Saskatoon on short notice for business and everything was booked. So, I got in at the Heritage Inn. It is not anything fancy and probably needs an upgrade but the room I was in was nice and clean, had a fridge and a kitchen area. So, I can't really complain. Exercise room also could use a face lift. All in all a god location and for what it is not a bad place.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your business and want to thank you for posting your comments. I am in the process of renovating our guest rooms and public areas and have just completed the top 2 floors. Our new guest rooms are completely upgraded with comfortable new beds, linens, fridges, microwaves and carpeting etc. I have the remaining rooms scheduled for renovations in the near future. Your comment regarding the exercise room was also noted and since this is a new addition to the property I was surprised to read that it appeared dated. I will be reviewing this with our staff to ensure that this space is inviting and everything is functioning as it should.
Should you find yourself, once again, in the Saskatoon area, we hope that you will choose to stay with us. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I may book you into one of our newly renovated rooms.
Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre

Reviewed 22 March 2012

In any stable city, this hotel would either be out of business or dirt cheap. Because Saskatoonis booming, they are expensive and full. But hopefully not all of us lot our common sense.
If you are an optimistic and upbeat person, even you will have trouble not being depressed and missing home, besides questioning "what didn't I study more so I didn't need to get this job".

Wi Fi is bad and unrealiable.

The lobby is bad and dirty, the bathroom is old, really terrible. The staff is OK.

The location is fine and it was clean though.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Cannuck1964

Dear Guest;
I was very sorry to read that you were unsatisfied with your stay here at the Heritage Inn and I would like to apologize for any discomfort that you experienced. We have recently undergone renovations in our guest rooms on the top 2 floors and are continuing with the remainder in the near future. Our guest room renovations include a new pillow top mattress with duvet, new fridge and microwave, new flat screen TV and new carpets along with several other upgrades. I have also scheduled renovations to our lobby and public areas.
It is our goal to provide you with a clean and comfortable stay and we hope that we can show you all the improvements we are making. Should you come to Saskatoon again, please contact me directly, and I will ensure you are booked into one of our newly renovated rooms.
Mike Ulene

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Me and my boyfriend came here for two nights and were extremely dissapointed. When we booked the room I was told there would be mini fridges in our room, there wasn't. Was very cheap looking. Bathroom extremely outdated. Tiles over bath were falling down. Bed was extremely uncomfortable. Rooms were small. Desk and tv stand looked like it was bought from mcc and painted the same ugly color as rest of room. Carpet was ugly and dirty. Internet acces was horrible. And to top it all off the younge girl at the front was very very rude. I would rather sleep in my car next time.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Shea1993
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Guest:
I would like to apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us. I was very distressed to read that your service from the front desk was poor. Your comments have been brought forward and addressed. Should any guest have complaints, our policy is that we will do our best to provide a solution. I am sorry that you were left feeling unsatisfied.
We have currently renovated our 5th and 6th floor and will be continuing with further renovations to our guest rooms and public areas over the next year. Along with new paint, flooring and tiles, our new guest rooms consist of a new pillow top mattress with duvet, new fridge and microwave, new flat screen television and iron and ironing board.
We value your business and hope that, someday, we can welcome you back to show you the changes we have made. Please contact me directly, and I will personally ensure you receive an upgrade at no additional cost.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I had a 5 hour flight layover through Saskatoon so my primary aim was to get some sleep. The room was quiet and clean, the water took a minute to heat up but the water pressure was very good and the shampoo was good, there was a microwave, coffee maker, and a small fridge, the TV worked well, the bed was comfortable and the temperature was appropriate. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The walls may have been a bit thin, I hear a few murmurs from the next room, but I am a very sound sleeper and I achieved my objective!

Note for those coming from the airport, there is no shuttle service to this hotel BUT the hotel issued me a coupon for a free ride back to the airport (the cab was about $7 to get to the hotel from the airport) and the taxi was very prompt for my 4am departure. I was not there long enough to try out the restaurant but the menu looked appealing.

I'd definitely stay again, and for a budget hotel, I'm giving this one a rating of 4, the only thing that could be better is the price, which I would like to see in the $85 range, though in Saskatoon the ~$110 I paid is still good value from what I understand.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay with us. It was great to read that your overall experience was a positive one. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to the staff and management team.
Our close proximity to the airport and the major highways make the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Center a convenient choice.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Saskatoon. Hopefully, next time, you can enjoy a meal in Season’s Café & Eatery or catch a game on the big screen in the Heritage Lounge.

Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hotel is very close to the airport and very clean hotel. Staff on the front desk and the staff in attached cafe made it easy for me to stay here. Would highly recommend this hotel and the room service.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Guest:
Thank you so much for your positive review. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at the Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre.
I have passed your comments along to my management team and shared your compliments with the staff. We strive for every guest’s absolute satisfaction. We hope that this, along with our proximity to the airport, will keep you coming back.
Thank you again for your patronage.

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Staff were courteous and helpful.
Phone didn't work. Toilet wouldn't flush.
They moved us immediately to the room next door.
Beds were comfortable. Everything else in the room was poorly and cheaply finished and old.
Toilet and sinks were old and chipped. Grouting appeared unsanitary.
Spend a few more dollars to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Brunsman
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Guest:
I would like to start by thanking you for your comments and concerns. Your compliments regarding the staff have been passed along and we do thank you for mentioning this.
We apologize for the problems that you encountered with your room. We are in the process of renovating and would greatly appreciate you giving our hotel a second chance. We have just renovated our 5th and 6th floor, with new beds, linen, flat screen televisions, fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board and new carpets. We have plans to complete the renovations to our other floors in the near future.
We do hope that if you, once again, find yourself in Saskatoon, you might give us the opportunity to accommodate you and show you the changes we have made. Please contact me directly, and I will personally ensure you receive an upgrade at no additional cost.

Reviewed 16 November 2011

The hotel has a good location.We had a good meal in the restaurant.The staff we dealt with did a good job. Our room was pricey and needed some attention.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
HeritageInn_11, General Manager at Heritage Inn Hotel & Convention Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2011

Dear Guest,
I wish to begin by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. By receiving this feedback we can improve the quality of our hotel and service.
Our guest room renovations are currently under way. We have started with our top two floors, which will include new pillow top beds with duvets, new flat screen televisions, new fridges, carpets and microwaves. We are confident that after completion of our renovations, we will deliver a superior product at a reasonable price.
Once again, thank you for your feedback.