“cold greeting” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Winnipeg, Canada
“cold greeting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

When I tried to book online, there were multiple specials offered, but somehow when i requested them, none of them seemed to apply. I was bounced back and forth for awhile before making the reservation. No one seemed to know what a parlour room was. Turns out it was a partial wall separating the bed area from the couch area.

When we arrived in our room the thermostat was set to 16 deg. C. brrr! It took 1/2 way into the night to warm up. The floors never did warm up (5 day stay).

There was a coffee and tea maker in the room that offered green tea as well, so it was nice to have an option from coffee. Herbal tea would have even been better!

It was quite the complicated walk to the pool areas, but once we got there, the pools were small but nice. On one occasion the pool ran out of towels. When we asked the attendant for more, he seemed to be preoccupied and never did bring more out. (We were almost the only ones there at the time.) The waterslide was fun. The kids enjoyed the variety of pools in two different rooms. It was nice to have a hot tub in each of the 2 pool rooms.

We had to pay extra for a non-smoking room which felt like a fine for not smoking. I'm not used to this coming from a place where public smoking is banned.

At one point in our stay our key cards stopped working. The front desk renewed them for us, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Our rooms were cleaned late in the afternoon which seemed odd to me.

Overall, it was OK, but nothing special. The place felt pretty impersonal.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room near the pools, otherwise, it's a long walk. Parlour rooms hav...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank screen_name_goesheer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon while en-route to a doctor's appointment. It has been a very long time since I have stayed at this hotel. I did notice some renovations had been completed which was definitely necessary. I was only able to get a room in the far tower despite putting in a room request when I booked the room. The room was nice and clean for the most part, though the tiles on the bathroom floor could have used a better cleaning, especially under the sink. Even being on the far end of the hotel it was noisy. The walls are very thin, meaning you could hear activity in the hallway as well as neighboring rooms. The pools were very busy since it was a Saturday evening, but they were being maintained by a team of pool attendants who also did a good job keeping rowdy kids behaving. My in-room supper was excellent, but the breakfast was less than desirable. The omelet was tough to cut, as well as the cheese in the center. However restaurant prices were good and you did get a large portion of food. The cost to stay was pricey at $136/night plus tax (this is with a room discount of 15% for a special). If you are willing to pay and don't mind a little noise, I would recommend this hotel for families and business.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on higher floors as there should be less traffic in the hallways.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PsychRN12
Regina, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good waterslide for kids. Our room had carpet that was buckled up and was dated. The hotel was being renovated.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

Making a reservation was complicated, we wanted to stay on the Saturday night of the family weekend. The person we spoke to on the phone told us we had to book for 2 nights. Really? I told them that was ridiculous so she asked her manager and all of a sudden nothing was available. I was able to get a reservation for the Sunday instead for 1 night. Other than being so busy at the pools it was a pleasant stay. More issues when checking out, the front office manager was not very knowledgable when I asked her about the HBC rewards, I questioned why her employee beside her was asking everyone if they had HBC and why she didn't even offer it to me. Obviously they have some work to do with their front end reservation and check out process if the management doesn't know how to handle it

• Stayed February 2012
Regina, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

I booked online for a conference I was attending. At the last minute the conference was canceled (bummer). I called the hotel to have see about getting reimbursed for my 5 night stay and they told me my stay was non-refundable. After talking to a few different managers, they stole my money. I am now out $1,000. I had every intention of staying at the hotel and it was not my fault that the conference was canceled. Terrible customer service, and mean condescending managers. I consider that shady business.

I will NEVER book with Travelodge in Saskatoon again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lindsay B

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

We spent one night here and this hotel is not for us. The room was not comfortable but we arrived late at night, needed a place to stay so we made due. The hotel needs to be upgraded in my opinion. The trip to the room was like a maze.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GrannyAC
Lloydminster, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2012

stayed here one night while coming to the city for medical issues PROS: they give a good medical rate, right off the highway and easy to find, frinedly check in and staff were helpful, nice size standard room with a fridge and flat screen tv, decor was nice in the room, room 159 close to pool and entrance 5 for unloading, lots of parking, on site restaurant and the theme rooms looked nice as we peaked in but 250 or more a night is a lot for them

Cons: noisy traffic on outside rooms facing highway ...retarder brakes on semis as they pass, not too comfortable and smaller type queen bed ?? not enough toilet paper and no extra rolls anywhere, no extras like shampoo etc ......clorine smell mentioned by other posters hard to take in the hallways and filtering into room, the pool was terrible...i gues we are spoiled by the lovely pool and water slides at the Sherton Cavilier downtown: the water was cold, I could not imagine in a million years if there was more than 15 people in the pool as it was so small for the size of the hotel you got splashed every second with only 7 kids in the pool. the water slide looks like it needs maintenance ( rust on support beams did not make me feel comfortable) and the slide is too slow making long line ups with people struggling to push their way down the slide, the chlorine smell caused eye irritation and burning itching skin...way too much chlorine, no shower and the outside one they had as you leave the pool had only ice cold water to wash that chlorine off ........the worst of all is that the pool is not secure and anyone could walk in off the street ...the attendant booth is way at the other end of the entrance too so no one would ever know as we have been accosted by strangers that are not guests of the hotel at other places so we were sensitive to this and did not fee safe at this pool with anyone being able to get in ......there is no breakfast here included and that bowl of cereal of milk would have been nice for our three kids instead of 10.00 a meal at the restaurant to fill them up,

If you want to stay here for the night on way to airport and you dont care about breakfast or the pool or traffic noise then you will be ok otherwise pay the extra and stay at the Sheriton down town or the DAys INN

Room Tip: stay on the main floor outside room or pool noise will be too much
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family