“Not for Business Travelers”

Ranked #23 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Burlington, Canada
“Not for Business Travelers”
Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel staff were fine. Of the issues I brought to their attention they did assist. However, the property itself is very worn out and dingy.

My room was quite dreary and scuffed up. The ironing board cover was filthy and the ironing board itself was all banged up such that you couldn't iron your dress shirt properly. The iron was also filthy and left a nice black stain on one of my dress shirts.

I could not sleep with the heat turned on as the room's heating unit was very old and rattled like a tin can.

The lights in my room kept flickering during my entire stay. I assume from something else on the electrical line, which kept shutting on and off.

The hallways were dark and not really well kept. I saw the same chocolate bar wrapper on the floor for 3 days.

I travel a lot for business, thus the need for clean, quiet accommodation is very high on my list. This hotel is more suited for family stays and not business travelers. Given the problems noted above, when I saw my bill at checkout I was floored at the per night room charge. Very overpriced given the condition of the property.

Sorry, I'm a relatively positive, fair and realistic individual, but I need to rate this property very low from a business traveler's perspective.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JourneyThruTheLens
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Hello JourneyThruTheLens,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I have brought your concerns up with each department responsible. I was glad to see our staff were helpful. I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I had my wedding here Thanksgiving weekend and I must say...AMAZING! When we checked in in between photo locations, they took our bags and took them to the room for us. The staff was wonderful and Michelle, the hall coordinator, was great! She was very helpful and knowledgeable. Also, because it was thanks-giving weekend, we requested a Turkey buffet rather than the roast beef...and that was AMAZING! Almost all of our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had...and I must agree. The hall was beautiful and they let us set up the night before. Our room was gorgeous too with little gift baskets and champagne waiting for us with chocolate covered strawberries...A GREAT end to our evening. In the morning, they had a room set up for our gift opening and they served us coffee, tea and treats from the night before. This hotel really took care of my husband and I and if I didn't live in the city, I would stay there again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review. I have passed your comments onto Michelle, she was thrilled everything went as planned and we exceeded your expectations.

Prince Albert, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, pool side room was clean and tidy and the restaurant (Fixins Home Style Eatery) was very good. We thought our room was a little pricey and the support rings on the waterslide had a lot of rust. If these fail, the slide could colapse.

Room Tip: If they repair the waterslide, get a poolside room. It's nice to be able to step out of your r...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank lethallarry
Thank-you for your review. I appreciate your comments and wanted to let you know we are starting the first phase of our waterslide area renovations the end of April 2012. This first phase will see the waterslide completely resurfaced, followed by a complete makeover of both pool areas in the fall of 2012. I have shared your comments with the maintenance and pool teams. Thank-you again for your time.

North Battleford, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We spent the night at the Travelodge last week. We arrived early and the front desk staff was able to accommodate us before check-in time which was greatly appreciated as my son had an appointment in Saskatoon.

The water slide was quite busy... But it's to be expected. There was many other families with children.

There has been many renovations since last time we stayed.

The only disappointment would be that I made our reservation online and didn't realize that were discounted rates for medical. It would have been cheaper to call the hotel directly and inquire if the rate was available for that specific night. Lesson learned!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 27 February 2012

When I tried to book online, there were multiple specials offered, but somehow when i requested them, none of them seemed to apply. I was bounced back and forth for awhile before making the reservation. No one seemed to know what a parlour room was. Turns out it was a partial wall separating the bed area from the couch area.

When we arrived in our room the thermostat was set to 16 deg. C. brrr! It took 1/2 way into the night to warm up. The floors never did warm up (5 day stay).

There was a coffee and tea maker in the room that offered green tea as well, so it was nice to have an option from coffee. Herbal tea would have even been better!

It was quite the complicated walk to the pool areas, but once we got there, the pools were small but nice. On one occasion the pool ran out of towels. When we asked the attendant for more, he seemed to be preoccupied and never did bring more out. (We were almost the only ones there at the time.) The waterslide was fun. The kids enjoyed the variety of pools in two different rooms. It was nice to have a hot tub in each of the 2 pool rooms.

We had to pay extra for a non-smoking room which felt like a fine for not smoking. I'm not used to this coming from a place where public smoking is banned.

At one point in our stay our key cards stopped working. The front desk renewed them for us, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Our rooms were cleaned late in the afternoon which seemed odd to me.

Overall, it was OK, but nothing special. The place felt pretty impersonal.

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a room near the pools, otherwise, it's a long walk. Parlour rooms hav...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank screen_name_goesheer
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at the Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon while en-route to a doctor's appointment. It has been a very long time since I have stayed at this hotel. I did notice some renovations had been completed which was definitely necessary. I was only able to get a room in the far tower despite putting in a room request when I booked the room. The room was nice and clean for the most part, though the tiles on the bathroom floor could have used a better cleaning, especially under the sink. Even being on the far end of the hotel it was noisy. The walls are very thin, meaning you could hear activity in the hallway as well as neighboring rooms. The pools were very busy since it was a Saturday evening, but they were being maintained by a team of pool attendants who also did a good job keeping rowdy kids behaving. My in-room supper was excellent, but the breakfast was less than desirable. The omelet was tough to cut, as well as the cheese in the center. However restaurant prices were good and you did get a large portion of food. The cost to stay was pricey at $136/night plus tax (this is with a room discount of 15% for a special). If you are willing to pay and don't mind a little noise, I would recommend this hotel for families and business.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on higher floors as there should be less traffic in the hallways.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank PsychRN12
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Good waterslide for kids. Our room had carpet that was buckled up and was dated. The hotel was being renovated.

Room Tip: Get a renovated room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family