“Not a good experience”

Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 25 April 2012

At first we couldn't get a room here as it was booked up so we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express ( great service ), and then moved to the Travelodge after a few days. I wish we would have stayed at the Holiday Inn because I have more than one complaint about the Travelodge. There was no pop in any of the machines, the air conditioning was very loud, and the iron in our room was broken. The worst thing was the skin burns our son got from the pool either from too much chlorine or sodium bicarbonate. Whhen I went to the front desk to let them know, I was given outdated cool gel to put on him. We ended up having to take him to the doctor and when I finally got to talk to the general manager about it, he was very rude telling me that it was probably allergies and " if you don't like the pool, don't use it." We were not impressed at all with our stay at this hotel.

1  Thank HeatherMason M
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Travelodge is just what you would expect, an older style motel room, worn carpets in the entry ways and reasonable rooms. I had the need to stay in Saskatoon for 5 days and would have thought that the hotel management might put me in one of the higher floors or on the back side of the hotel so as not to be facing the busy street but no... I was too busy on the trip to even complain but would not stay there again. Sure there's an indoor pool, great for families in the area especially in the winter months but otherwise the hotel is pretty blah. The bar closed early nearly every night, the restaurant smelled of bleach and the key card stopped working half way through my stay which always annoys me.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, away from the pool and not facing the highway if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2012

As a lot of other posters have said "this place is run down". There also seems to be a lack of security as there was "drunks" from the attached bar roaming the halls banging on doors. The dirtyness, lack of maintenace, beeing situated next to major road sure give this place a "truck stop feel". waterslides where terrible, chlorine burnt eyes and skin after half an hour and all this for $200 a night.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The hotel staff were fine. Of the issues I brought to their attention they did assist. However, the property itself is very worn out and dingy.

My room was quite dreary and scuffed up. The ironing board cover was filthy and the ironing board itself was all banged up such that you couldn't iron your dress shirt properly. The iron was also filthy and left a nice black stain on one of my dress shirts.

I could not sleep with the heat turned on as the room's heating unit was very old and rattled like a tin can.

The lights in my room kept flickering during my entire stay. I assume from something else on the electrical line, which kept shutting on and off.

The hallways were dark and not really well kept. I saw the same chocolate bar wrapper on the floor for 3 days.

I travel a lot for business, thus the need for clean, quiet accommodation is very high on my list. This hotel is more suited for family stays and not business travelers. Given the problems noted above, when I saw my bill at checkout I was floored at the per night room charge. Very overpriced given the condition of the property.

Sorry, I'm a relatively positive, fair and realistic individual, but I need to rate this property very low from a business traveler's perspective.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JourneyThruTheLens
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Hello JourneyThruTheLens,

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry to hear we did not meet your expectations. I have brought your concerns up with each department responsible. I was glad to see our staff were helpful. I hope you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I had my wedding here Thanksgiving weekend and I must say...AMAZING! When we checked in in between photo locations, they took our bags and took them to the room for us. The staff was wonderful and Michelle, the hall coordinator, was great! She was very helpful and knowledgeable. Also, because it was thanks-giving weekend, we requested a Turkey buffet rather than the roast beef...and that was AMAZING! Almost all of our guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had...and I must agree. The hall was beautiful and they let us set up the night before. Our room was gorgeous too with little gift baskets and champagne waiting for us with chocolate covered strawberries...A GREAT end to our evening. In the morning, they had a room set up for our gift opening and they served us coffee, tea and treats from the night before. This hotel really took care of my husband and I and if I didn't live in the city, I would stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
SleepyBearSaskatoon, Director of Sales at Travelodge Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank-you for taking the time to leave your review. I have passed your comments onto Michelle, she was thrilled everything went as planned and we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was friendly, pool side room was clean and tidy and the restaurant (Fixins Home Style Eatery) was very good. We thought our room was a little pricey and the support rings on the waterslide had a lot of rust. If these fail, the slide could colapse.

Room Tip: If they repair the waterslide, get a poolside room. It's nice to be able to step out of your r...
2  Thank lethallarry

Thank-you for your review. I appreciate your comments and wanted to let you know we are starting the first phase of our waterslide area renovations the end of April 2012. This first phase will see the waterslide completely resurfaced, followed by a complete makeover of both pool areas in the fall of 2012. I have shared your comments with the maintenance and pool teams. Thank-you again for your time.

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We spent the night at the Travelodge last week. We arrived early and the front desk staff was able to accommodate us before check-in time which was greatly appreciated as my son had an appointment in Saskatoon.

The water slide was quite busy... But it's to be expected. There was many other families with children.

There has been many renovations since last time we stayed.

The only disappointment would be that I made our reservation online and didn't realize that were discounted rates for medical. It would have been cheaper to call the hotel directly and inquire if the rate was available for that specific night. Lesson learned!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family