“excellent, helpful staff, great bar”

Sandman Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in Saskatoon
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I stayed overnight on business - the location is great (just 5 min from the aiport), staff very helpful and friendly, rooms comfortable .... and the attched bar is a great place for supper. the exercise room and pool looked great too, but I didn't have time to experience them. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 February 2011

Room cost $120, which I thought was a little steep for a basic hotel room on a Monday night. The room was relatively nicely furnished though, and I slept without any interruptions.

I experienced no issues with noise or 'sketchy' looking people as reported by some others. The temperature was about -30C though, so it may have been that it was too cold for anyone to be outside making noise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2010

This hotel was a complete dump! Do yourself a favour and find something better!! Everything about it SUCKED! Overall, the staff was very unfriendly. Would it kill them to greet you even ONCE???? The rooms need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL! I'd be ashamed to charge money for such a run down room. I decided to sleep with my clothes on... ya! Not kidding!! The sink in the room was completely clogged and eventually after the water drained, the stench was something that would make you vomit! They neglected to put enough credit on my room ( how this is my problem, I'd never know, as I have a platnium Amex card), I was held at their pathetic "Denny's Restaurant" for over 30 mins as their unexperienced staff had to confirm with the front desk that my card could handle the you guess it - $15 charge. (boy, that's the last time i leave my wallet in the room) I wasn't allowed to leave to go get it, as they thought I would do a dine and dash... What a joke! wake up people! it's 2010! If I was going to pull a dine and dash I would of had a few beers!!!! OVERALL? A PATHETIC JOKE!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank zorka3500
CindySaskatoon, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your previous stay. Our success is measured by our customers experiences. This was not the quality of service we pride ourselves. Your concerns have been addressed for immediate rectification. My apologies again, and it is my wish you will permit The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon another opportunity to exceed your expectations by hosting your future hotel stays!

Yours In Hospitality,
General Manager,

Reviewed 14 September 2010

We were in Saskatoon for two days and started looking for a place to stay on Saturday night at 930pm. Stopped by a few hotels in the area where the Sandman is located, but left as they either looked sketchy or had some sketchy people roaming around outside (and in one case, inside) the lobby. When we stopped the car outside of the Sandman Hotel, we got a much better impression. The lobby looked bright, spacious, clean and tidy. The people we met in the reception both acted and looked professional. We got a room at a good rate compared to the other hotels we checked and were very happy with our choice. The room was clean and although it faced the entrance and we kept the window open through the (Saturday) night, it was not loud and we all slept well. Free wifi, but no breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010
CindySaskatoon, Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon for your recent stay.
Customer feedback is important to us. Your positive comments are greatly appreciated.
Thank you again for choosing The Sandman Hotel and we look forward to hosting you in the future.

Yours In hospitality,

Reviewed 16 August 2010

This was probably one of the worst hotels Ive stayed in. The crowd there is just horrible, you cannot enter the hotel without smelling smoke as the bar is right there and the crowds are pretty bad outside, I smelled Marijuana every night when I returned. There is gangs of natives who are not very friendly and go in and out of the hotel as they please. Most of them are drunks or on drugs., Trust me on this.

The staff is horrible, I wanted a shuttle to the airport at noon, I came down at 11:50am, the shuttle driver finally showed up at 12:20., the staff didnt care much. If you HAVE to then stay here, I will never stay in this hole again.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
4  Thank saracen2010
CindySaskatoon, Owner at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns during your recent stay at The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems that were encountered.
Exceeding customer service expectations are important to us to ensure our guests are greeted with respect and courtesy in a caring and professional manner. We certainly did not leave that impression with you of feeling valued. My apologies again, and it is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon another opportunity to host your future hotel accomodations.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2010

This is an okay hotel but way overpriced for what you get. King room - with fridge pull out couch. I would shop around for another hotel for the price.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank PCPP
Reviewed 14 April 2010

The first night I got room 421, right beside the elevator. never slept a wink from it banging and clanging, of course the bar fight at 1am didn't help as it was right outside my window! I asked to move to another room and they put me in 302. When i got to my room, the room was cold so i turned up the heat and went for supper. came back and guess what, still no heat. When i phoned the front desk she said she'd bring me some heaters and an extra blanket. I wanted to be moved to another room but she said she couldnt. I The heaters helped, but a little worried about sleeping with then so close to my head. I don't recomend staying here. you have alot of other options in Saskatoon,

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank NorthernLites69
CindySaskatoon, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon for your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems you had encountered. The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon takes pride in ensuring our guest comfort and satsfaction exceed their expectations, this certainly was not exemplified during your visit. These errors have been addressed for immediate rectification. My apologies again, & it is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon another opportunity to host your future hotel stays.

Yours in Hospitality