All reviewsshark clubdenny's attachedbar attachedshuttle servicelots of parkingshort stayexercise roomenjoyed my stayup to datenice roomconvenient locationreginamicrowavecouchhospital
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Had a 2 night stay there. The hotel is 10 years old and if you can believe it the hotel was built without central air. There was no place to gather without beingt totrtured by the heat. The halls were also very hot and my heart goes out to the cleaning staff who work under the sweltering conditions.
The rooms are quite small but fine. The beds seemed smaller thatn doubles and very very soft. Woke up each morning in pain. Our room was not cleaned up at all other than having the beds made. There was no wiping of tables or vacuuming of floors. They did not even pretend to clean it, everything on the floor ie. a hanger was exactly where we left it in our rush to get out. Makes one wonder how well it is cleaned if at all between customers.

The door kwys seldom worked and we had to go back to the front desk everytime we needed to open the door. That was a pain in the neck to never be able to enter your room easily.

This is basically a trucker or traveller stop. There is nothing to do there at all. The surroundings are ugly and nowhere to walk to, It should not be used for anything other than it's main function which is probably overnight travel. The pool looked murky and the environment of it was sterile and uninviting. On the whole it was an awful place except for a very pleasant staff.
Even if it were for free there is nothing about it that would make me come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank morahb
Beverley05, Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon for your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered. We take pride in ensuring our guest's experience is one of satisfaction and feeling valued, this certainly was not exhibited to you during your stay. I have addressed the issues with the guestroom condition to the appropiate dept for immediate rectification. Renovations are also planned for the near future! My apologies again, and it is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host you future hotel accommodation needs.

Your in Hospitality
Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at the Sandman in Saskatoon while in transit. In part, I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and offered a shuttle service. On checking in I informed the counter staff that I was hoping to take a 6:00 am flight to Toronto and that I would require the shuttle service. I was told that they were short staffed and that I would have to take a cab. It was late, so I checked in anyway. When I got to my room I found that I could not get a flight the next morning, so needed to stay in Saskatoon another night. I could not get on the internet, so decided to wait til morning.

In the morning I tried to get on the internet, but could not. When I phoned the desk I was told I could come down and use the business centre. As it was very early I told that person that I was wearing my pyjamas and did not want to come down to use the internet.

This staff member then tried to give me further advice about getting on the internet. For the life of me I could not understand what she was saying. Her command of the English language was less than acceptable.

Finallly, I understood that she wanted me to go to the Sasktel internet service. I was able to get to the provider and then needed a password to get on to the service. Once connected I was unable to stay on the internet and was continually being booted off the net.

I had to stay in town another night, but I chose to go to another hotel for the extra night. Although the person on the counter listened to my complaints, he merely told me that when I came back to town that I should stay there again and that he would upgrade me. I told him that I didn't need a bigger bed, I needed the services that were advertised.

In addition to these challenges I found the bar/restaurant to be VERY noisy and the food gave me an allegic reaction.

I can't recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Ginger443
Reviewed April 12, 2011

THe room was too warm, no extra pillows, loud rowdy drunks beneath our window. The worst part was waking up at 2:30am to 4 bites on my arm. I met with the Manager in the morning about the bites, and she responded "probabley mosquito bites". My arm was sore, itchy and inflammed and ruined my whole weekend. Needless to say we checked out and went to another hotel.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Turbosled
Beverley05, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered during your recent stay. Your comments are important to us. As per our conversation, a professional was immediately called in to investigate your concerns. An inspection report documented your guestroom as not requiring any form of treatment. Upon completion of the report, a telephone message with my contact information was left for you. I did not receive a returned telephone call. In view of the above comments, It is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future hotel stays.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed March 17, 2011

I stayed overnight on business - the location is great (just 5 min from the aiport), staff very helpful and friendly, rooms comfortable .... and the attched bar is a great place for supper. the exercise room and pool looked great too, but I didn't have time to experience them. I'll definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2011

Room cost $120, which I thought was a little steep for a basic hotel room on a Monday night. The room was relatively nicely furnished though, and I slept without any interruptions.

I experienced no issues with noise or 'sketchy' looking people as reported by some others. The temperature was about -30C though, so it may have been that it was too cold for anyone to be outside making noise.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business