All reviews shark club denny's attached bar attached lots of parking shuttle service short stay exercise room enjoyed my stay hotel staff an upgrade up to date nice room would definitely stay here again convenient location excellent stay regina couch
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport as well as public transit. This hotel chain needs better technology - you can't even book on-line. Arrived in Saskatoon 10pm and tried to use the direct phone line from the airport to call for the free shuttle. After the phone had rung 40 times with no answer I finally texted my partner who had already checked in, and got him to see about the hotel shuttle. The shuttle driver must have been in a really bad mood; he neither lifted my bag into the van, nor did he lift it out of the van after we got to the hotel. He just stood there and waited while I did it myself. The check-in was no better - the desk clerk didn't even speak as she thrust the key card towards us. Common areas of the hotel looked very good, but the room itself was pretty plain - we had paid for the executive suite but there was nothing executive about it. Cleaning staff were pleasant and polite, and did a pretty good job, and the Denny's onsite was convenient. Free internet in the business office was nice, and we even printed out boarding passes for free. Also free coffee in the lobby as well as a basket of fruit. Check out was a much better experience - very nice and accommodating.

Room tip: rooms at the back will likely be quieter, as the hotel is located at a major intersection
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Arete
Beverley05, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for not ensuring your visit was one of a positive and memorable experience.
The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon, Guest Service Representatives take great pride in ensuring our guests are treated in a caring and professional manner. As per your comments, this was not exhibited during your stay. My apologies again. It is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future visits and show our true hospitality spirit.
Please visit our websit at sandmanhotel.com

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2011

This place is Played out. Rooms are beat up and generally unclean. Its in dyer need of an update. No water pressure. No ability to adjust room temperature. Generally unkempt and unpleasant.

Date of stay: August 2011
1  Thank bkdpotato
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago and really liked it. I don't know if we had a recently renovated room at that time because the room this time was definelty in need of some work. Everything was old, including bathroom fixtures and TV. We had to get down on our knees to set the air conditioner. Bed sheets were very wrinkled and we were unsure if they had been changed. Hall ways were very hot. The price is a much too high for the quality of the room.

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank hello003
Beverley05, Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during you recent stay.
Your comments are important to us and it ensures our guest experience is one of feeling valued and enjoyed. This certainly was not exhibited during your visit. Standards in consistency especially in room cleanliness are vital and your concerns have been addressed for immediate rectification. Future hotel renovations will be commencing in the near future. My apologies again, and it is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future accommodation needs.

Yours in Hospitality

Reviewed July 13, 2011

Had a 2 night stay there. The hotel is 10 years old and if you can believe it the hotel was built without central air. There was no place to gather without beingt totrtured by the heat. The halls were also very hot and my heart goes out to the cleaning staff who work under the sweltering conditions.
The rooms are quite small but fine. The beds seemed smaller thatn doubles and very very soft. Woke up each morning in pain. Our room was not cleaned up at all other than having the beds made. There was no wiping of tables or vacuuming of floors. They did not even pretend to clean it, everything on the floor ie. a hanger was exactly where we left it in our rush to get out. Makes one wonder how well it is cleaned if at all between customers.

The door kwys seldom worked and we had to go back to the front desk everytime we needed to open the door. That was a pain in the neck to never be able to enter your room easily.

This is basically a trucker or traveller stop. There is nothing to do there at all. The surroundings are ugly and nowhere to walk to, It should not be used for anything other than it's main function which is probably overnight travel. The pool looked murky and the environment of it was sterile and uninviting. On the whole it was an awful place except for a very pleasant staff.
Even if it were for free there is nothing about it that would make me come back.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank morahb

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon for your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered. We take pride in ensuring our guest's experience is one of satisfaction and feeling valued, this certainly was not exhibited to you during your stay. I have addressed the issues with the guestroom condition to the appropiate dept for immediate rectification. Renovations are also planned for the near future! My apologies again, and it is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host you future hotel accommodation needs.

Your in Hospitality
Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon

Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at the Sandman in Saskatoon while in transit. In part, I chose this hotel because it was close to the airport and offered a shuttle service. On checking in I informed the counter staff that I was hoping to take a 6:00 am flight to Toronto and that I would require the shuttle service. I was told that they were short staffed and that I would have to take a cab. It was late, so I checked in anyway. When I got to my room I found that I could not get a flight the next morning, so needed to stay in Saskatoon another night. I could not get on the internet, so decided to wait til morning.

In the morning I tried to get on the internet, but could not. When I phoned the desk I was told I could come down and use the business centre. As it was very early I told that person that I was wearing my pyjamas and did not want to come down to use the internet.

This staff member then tried to give me further advice about getting on the internet. For the life of me I could not understand what she was saying. Her command of the English language was less than acceptable.

Finallly, I understood that she wanted me to go to the Sasktel internet service. I was able to get to the provider and then needed a password to get on to the service. Once connected I was unable to stay on the internet and was continually being booted off the net.

I had to stay in town another night, but I chose to go to another hotel for the extra night. Although the person on the counter listened to my complaints, he merely told me that when I came back to town that I should stay there again and that he would upgrade me. I told him that I didn't need a bigger bed, I needed the services that were advertised.

In addition to these challenges I found the bar/restaurant to be VERY noisy and the food gave me an allegic reaction.

I can't recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: April 2011