New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Sandman Hotel Saskatoon
Ranked #30 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
“December stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

I booked my stay for a Holiday rate of $99, which is a good value in the city. I inquired at the time of my booking if they had Airport Shuttle service. I was assured that they did. Upon check-in I requested a 5 a.m. shuttle ride, and was told there would be no problem.
However, in the morning, upon check out the front desk told me I had no shuttle request booked, nor did they offer such service. Another guest who was waiting to check out told me she had also requested shuttle service, but had been told Sandman only offered it after 8 a.m.
She and I shared a cab to the airport.

Room Tip: The adjoining Denny's restaurant had great food, good value and very good service. I will be st...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank LCDL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2012

My husband and I frequent Saskatoon quite often, and when we do, we stay at the Sandman. The rooms have always been clean and fresh. Its not in the best area for tourism, its right by the airport, and there is a country bar across the street. The denny's and the shark club bar that are attached to the hotel are great, and extremely convenient. I have never had any issues with the staff there, they have always been polite and accommodating, Its a decent price, and I wouldn't think twice about going there again! Unlike some of the previous comments, I have not seen any 'sketchy' people around, or have been even remotely worried about going to my car alone at night.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
saskatchewan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2011

Stayed here for one night and that was one night too many. Wasn't our choice but company was paying for our stay. Bathroom was absolutely filthy as was the carpet. Furniture was really outdated. We never would have paid the price that our company paid and if paying for ourselves we would have immediately left and asked for a refund after seeing the room. The front desk agent was friendly and professional though.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank sask3

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Regina, SK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2011

There doesn't seem to be anything special about this particular hotel.
I checked in on a Saturday afternoon and there was one agent working behind the counter...so my check in took about half an hour.
The pool was nice, spent some time relaxing there, and I like the lobby- very welcoming.
Another good point is that the Denny's restaurant is attached (the extremely busy Denny's so get there early).
The hotel is easy to find and more than adequate for short stays.

Room Tip: Rooms furthest from the lobby or pool will definitely be quieter
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank badness59
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

We chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport as well as public transit. This hotel chain needs better technology - you can't even book on-line. Arrived in Saskatoon 10pm and tried to use the direct phone line from the airport to call for the free shuttle. After the phone had rung 40 times with no answer I finally texted my partner who had already checked in, and got him to see about the hotel shuttle. The shuttle driver must have been in a really bad mood; he neither lifted my bag into the van, nor did he lift it out of the van after we got to the hotel. He just stood there and waited while I did it myself. The check-in was no better - the desk clerk didn't even speak as she thrust the key card towards us. Common areas of the hotel looked very good, but the room itself was pretty plain - we had paid for the executive suite but there was nothing executive about it. Cleaning staff were pleasant and polite, and did a pretty good job, and the Denny's onsite was convenient. Free internet in the business office was nice, and we even printed out boarding passes for free. Also free coffee in the lobby as well as a basket of fruit. Check out was a much better experience - very nice and accommodating.

Room Tip: rooms at the back will likely be quieter, as the hotel is located at a major intersection
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Arete
Beverley05, General Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay.
Please accept my sincere apologies for not ensuring your visit was one of a positive and memorable experience.
The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon, Guest Service Representatives take great pride in ensuring our guests are treated in a caring and professional manner. As per your comments, this was not exhibited during your stay. My apologies again. It is our wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future visits and show our true hospitality spirit.
Please visit our websit at sandmanhotel.com

Best Regards,

Winnipeg
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

This place is Played out. Rooms are beat up and generally unclean. Its in dyer need of an update. No water pressure. No ability to adjust room temperature. Generally unkempt and unpleasant.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank BKDpotato
Manitoba
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

We stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago and really liked it. I don't know if we had a recently renovated room at that time because the room this time was definelty in need of some work. Everything was old, including bathroom fixtures and TV. We had to get down on our knees to set the air conditioner. Bed sheets were very wrinkled and we were unsure if they had been changed. Hall ways were very hot. The price is a much too high for the quality of the room.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hello003
Beverley05, Manager at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this review, 9 August 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations during you recent stay.
Your comments are important to us and it ensures our guest experience is one of feeling valued and enjoyed. This certainly was not exhibited during your visit. Standards in consistency especially in room cleanliness are vital and your concerns have been addressed for immediate rectification. Future hotel renovations will be commencing in the near future. My apologies again, and it is my wish you will afford The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future accommodation needs.

Yours in Hospitality