All reviews shark club denny's attached bar attached lots of parking shuttle service short stay exercise room enjoyed my stay hotel staff an upgrade up to date nice room would definitely stay here again convenient location excellent stay regina couch
Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our last stop in our visit to Saskatchewan, and we chose this hotel for 2 reasons. A) close to the airport, and B) it has a pool. (which we never did get around to using)

The room was very clean, and the staff were very friendly. Wifi was super fast!

Best part.... The Shark Club. Yummmy wing night! & Hubby would say that the "eye candy" for the gentlemen, was quite nice as well. :)

We would return!

Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

not sure why this hotel is so pricey, (though most hotel in Saskatoon over-charge).

Positives:

- good access to internet, cable and WiFi
- the Denny's delivers to your room and has some healthy choices on the menu
- shuttle to the airport
- food in the Shark Club is also very good.
- close to the airport

Negatives:

- when you forget amenities, most hotels provide them for free - I had to buy a cheap $3.00 toothbrush in the lobby.
- i have stayed a few times for work and never feel like the bathroom is cleaned very well.
- called in advance as I had a broken leg and wanted to be in a room next to my co-worker so they could help me out. I then confirmed this upon check-in (as I arrived first) - my co-worker still wound up on a completely different floor.
- not near any nice restaurants, and not in a close walking distance to groceries, etc.

I would stay again for business and for a short stay, but wouldn't recommend for anything long term or with my family....

Room tip: ask for a quiet room - rooms closer to the Shark Club, or facing toward Idylwild are noisier.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We were staying in another hotel in Saskatoon but wanted to change hotels for the last night in order to stay in one near the airport that offered an airport shuttle. The sandman was not our first choice as it was more expensive than others near the airport but it offered an airport shuttle. I had booked the one night at this hotel two months prior.

When we arrived at the hotel I was aked if we would want a room near the elevator or near the ice machine. This was an ominous start as I figured I had booked the room well in advance and would probably get a relatively quiet room. Wrong. I ended up with a room across from the elevator and next to the ice machine....a small dingy room as well. Although the windows could be opened it faced the parking lot where there seemed to be various parties going on during the night.

The airport shuttle was not to be. Apparently it doesn't start up until 9:00 am and most flights leave Saskatoon between 0:600 and 0:800 in the morning....so I paid more for the hotel than the one I was originally staying in and I paid for a taxi to the airport.

Thankfully they didn't screw up on the wake up call as the alarm clock in the room didn't work.

I won't be staying at the Sandman again.

1  Thank hockey005
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our room was very clean. We required a dog-friendly hotel and the Sandman accommodated this. We had to pay extra because we have a dog, but it is the same at most hotels. We were pleasantly surprised that it was a non-smoking room. We actually prefer the non-smoking room, but most hotels put people with pets into smoking rooms and I find the stale, smokey air to be a problem. So this was definitely a pro for our stay. We went to the Shark Club for a bite to eat & a drink in the afternoon. The staff was excellent...friendly and efficient. The food & drinks were good. The front desk staff was friendly, but could not recommend a nice restaurant for dinner. We asked about a couple we had heard of and they had no information on them, keep trying to give us a map to get to them. We didn't need a map, as we have GPS in our vehicle. We tried to watch a movie on the pay-for-view channels and it did not work. After several phone calls, the night manager finally came to our room and then discovered that there was a problem with the provider, so they had to call the provider to reset. In total, it took about an hour just to get it set up so we could order & watch the movie. And the movie was $16.99 - Way Too Costly!! We will not do that again. We were awakened at between 2:30 & 3:00 by drunken revelers returning from the bar, we assume. We were unhappy with that. Overall, the experience the Sandman in Saskatoon was ok.

Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is expensive,the rooms are old and need a definate remodel. The cleaning of the rooms is less than desirable. Front staff not well informed. asked for a portable fridge-hotel doesnt have any.

I dont think i would stay here again

Room tip: look for other chains in the city
  • Trip type: Travelled on business