All reviews shark club denny's attached bar attached lots of parking shuttle service short stay exercise room enjoyed my stay hotel staff an upgrade up to date nice room would definitely stay here again convenient location excellent stay regina couch
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We were told we would have a pool, free parking airport shuttle.../ upon arrival there was scaffolding in the pool although they still assured us we could use it by 7am? There was also not a shuttle before 8am and we were unable to park here.

The rooms were okay but you may as well stay somewhere nicer for the price!!!

Date of stay: December 2009
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellingurl60
CindySaskatoon, owner at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered. This certainly was a miscommunication on our part for not providing the correct information. I can assure you that this is not our standard and I have addressed the issues for immediate rectifcation. Comments whether positive or negative are important to us as it assures a consistency in standards. This was certainly not exhibitied to you during your stay. My apologies again, It is my wish you will afford The S andman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future hotel stay. Best Regards, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2009

The room we stayed in was on the top floor. The elevator required a keycard to operate and very rarely worked the first time you used it....and with a baby and arms full of lugugage who want to fuss with a key card! never mind, we had to reset the keycard for our room everyday. We had to make a trip down to the front desk every morning to assure we could get back into our room later in the day. The bathroom was a nice size and clean but only one rod for towels. How are you supposed to reuse towels when you have nowhere to hand them to dry? The room was very dry and hot. We ran the shower a few times in the night so that we could get some moisture in the room. You could tell after there was moisture in the room that it used to be a smoking room-it stunk! There was dirty hand prints on the curtains,dusty lamps and the power button on the very old Philips TV was broken. The room service was quick but cold. My pancakes were burnt on one side and the sausage was pink. So I basically paid $14 for a breakfast that the toast and cold eggs were the only acceptable things to eat....and with plastic utensils that would even cut the toast.
The internet wasn't working.
We were not impressed.

Date of stay: November 2009
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I was in town for a week on business and stayed at this hotel. It is one of the most expensive hotels I've stayed at in Canada. Also, the internet was terrible. Everyday was the same thing -- getting kicked off or not being able to sign on at all. Then when I asked for some relief at checkout for the lack of this service, they said it was their server provider and not their fault and gave no relief on the bill.

Reviewed October 23, 2009

If other hotels are booked up, you can make do with this one but there must be better. We stayed for 2 nights in October.

The room itself was very clean. Sink had a bad stain in it showing its age but clean nonetheless. Biggest complaint is that the air conditioning is shut down already in October. The room was very stuffy and warm. The window can be opened (slightly) but this lets in all the traffic noise from Circle Drive and from the hotel parking lot. As a result, we did not sleep well.

Wireless network is useless. We could not connect nor could our sister-in-law who also stayed here. Best solution is to use the service from the Country Inn next door which had a strong signal.

Toilet plugged easily - twice while there, but service to have it plunged was within minutes of our call.

If the price were $30 a night less I might be more forgiving in my evaluation but this simply was not good value for the money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2009

I have read the reviews about The Sandman in Saskatoon and was not sure if I wanted to stay there. I was here for 3 night and yes the hotel is looking a little worn but it is because of all the guest that stay here. My room was great the hotel was completely full but yet still quite. Anything I need the staff was all over it to help me out. I would stay here again anytime