All reviews shark club denny's attached bar attached shuttle service lots of parking short stay exercise room enjoyed my stay up to date nice room convenient location regina microwave couch hospital
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I had a pleasant stay at the Sandman for three nights. I am a light sleeper and often don't sleep well the first night in a strange place. My room at the Sandman was very quiet, the bed was comfortable and and the temperature just right. I slept amazingly well every night.

The internet worked fine for me and the friendly staff greeted me every time I went in or out of the hotel. The only thing I was disappointed with was the limited room service menu and that was only a minor inconvenience. I was tired when I arrived and would have preferred to enjoy a light meal in my room but the menu is all big, heavy, greasy food form Denny's. I had to go out to find a light, healthy meal.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed March 10, 2010

I stayed at the Sandman Hotel for a weekend with my husband who was there for business and I do not recommend this hotel at all. The staff was not very helpful at all. When we called down one night to ask where a good place would be for dinner they told us Denny's! Really come on!!!! We wanted a nice place and they couldn’t even tell us any. They also didn’t know how to tell us how to get on the highway which we found odd since they live there! My husband was told twice we were getting a better room with a fridge and when we called down again to get one they just kept saying "no rooms available" not even a reason or an apology at all. The staff also did not even say hello when we walked in to the hotel. I myself work in a four diamond hotel and would never treat guests this way at all. I couldn’t believe the difference on how we treat guests and how they treat guests , just brutal!! We would be fired!!! We just couldn’t believe how terrible the staff was and how they didn’t have any answers to questions we had. This hotel isn’t even that clean either. On a positive note the staff at the Shark Club sports bar there was very nice and we had a good time there at least!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank wingsoverca
Reviewed January 14, 2010

We were told we would have a pool, free parking airport shuttle.../ upon arrival there was scaffolding in the pool although they still assured us we could use it by 7am? There was also not a shuttle before 8am and we were unable to park here.

The rooms were okay but you may as well stay somewhere nicer for the price!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travellingurl60
CindySaskatoon, owner at Sandman Hotel Saskatoon, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2010

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at The Sandman Hotel, Saskatoon. Please accept my sincere apologies for the problems encountered. This certainly was a miscommunication on our part for not providing the correct information. I can assure you that this is not our standard and I have addressed the issues for immediate rectifcation. Comments whether positive or negative are important to us as it assures a consistency in standards. This was certainly not exhibitied to you during your stay. My apologies again, It is my wish you will afford The S andman Hotel, Saskatoon the opportunity to host your future hotel stay. Best Regards, General Manager

Reviewed November 19, 2009

The room we stayed in was on the top floor. The elevator required a keycard to operate and very rarely worked the first time you used it....and with a baby and arms full of lugugage who want to fuss with a key card! never mind, we had to reset the keycard for our room everyday. We had to make a trip down to the front desk every morning to assure we could get back into our room later in the day. The bathroom was a nice size and clean but only one rod for towels. How are you supposed to reuse towels when you have nowhere to hand them to dry? The room was very dry and hot. We ran the shower a few times in the night so that we could get some moisture in the room. You could tell after there was moisture in the room that it used to be a smoking room-it stunk! There was dirty hand prints on the curtains,dusty lamps and the power button on the very old Philips TV was broken. The room service was quick but cold. My pancakes were burnt on one side and the sausage was pink. So I basically paid $14 for a breakfast that the toast and cold eggs were the only acceptable things to eat....and with plastic utensils that would even cut the toast.
The internet wasn't working.
We were not impressed.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I was in town for a week on business and stayed at this hotel. It is one of the most expensive hotels I've stayed at in Canada. Also, the internet was terrible. Everyday was the same thing -- getting kicked off or not being able to sign on at all. Then when I asked for some relief at checkout for the lack of this service, they said it was their server provider and not their fault and gave no relief on the bill.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business