“Quick stop for lunch ”

Add it.
Citizen Cafe & bakery
Ranked #3 of 10 Bakeries in Saskatoon
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I both got their vegan chickpea salad sandwich that had tempeh(delicious), vegenaise, and other fresh market vegetables. My family got the chicken bacon, cheddar sandwich and both loved it! We got a iced house tea which was a little on the sweet side but great once we added water and let the ice melt. They have a wide array of vegan baked goods onsite. I was quite happy with the food and service and would be back again. Maybe next time I'd even stop and eat in store!

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

I love citizen! We go often and it never disappoints! The sandwiches are delicious... Get anything that has bacon in it, they have the best thick cut bacon! They also have delicious baked goods, their gluten free blonde is AMAZING! But my favourite thing about Citizen is that they have a play area for the kids, with a small table and toys. It is the perfect spot for me to meet up with friends for coffee... The food is great, they have comfortable chairs, and the kids are happy... Perfect!

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

Outstanding meals and beverages. Fresh and interesting meals made from scratch. Will visit with guests.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed June 11, 2017

I've been to the Citizen a few times now and every time the coffee is exquisite and the food is fabulous. The seating is really bad. The main area is one large bench around the outside with tables and chairs facing, and a scatting of small tables and chairs in the centre. When you sit on the bench, you feel like you're in a high chair. The chairs are all those small, horrible metal chairs that numb your butt after ten minutes. Perhaps there is a method to their madness - lack of comfort means no one will stay for too long enjoying the coffee and free wifi? I last about an hour max. Yesterday I had my usual soy latte, and I ordered a breakfast-like panini. The coffee is really great - rich, full, delicious. The sandwiches come with a little bowl of kettle chips which are a nice touch. The panini was really good although it was squished a little bit flatter than I would like. In the past I've had their desserts, many of which of vegan or gluten free. Their vegan chocolate desserts are so yummy. The staff are usually pretty good although I have noticed a wee touch of "I'm doing you a favour" attitude on occasion. I chock it up to the fact that they are almost always super busy and most of them look like they are stressed-out university students. It certainly won't deter me from going there.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed May 12, 2017

I've been here on separate occasions for coffee, breakfast, and lunch. I love that they have an assortment of non-dairy milks, but the actual coffee beverages are average at best, and undrinkable at worst. This is too bad, as I'm huge fan of their vegan baked goods. And the cherry on top - I've never had a friendly customer service experience here, which completely turns me off. The girls all seem like they loathe you and would rather be anywhere else. I get it - I'm not a morning person either - but you could at least make a slight effort.

Date of visit: April 2017