Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Review Highlights

via mobile
Touring with our UK Friends

Loretta H
via mobile

All reviews boom town main street old cars farm equipment all ages blacksmith shop steam engine model train pioneer days prairie town fun house general store interactive displays under one roof few hours small town early days
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

We had a great time looking and exploring all the antiques and displays. I am dating myself but I had to admit I use to use some of the equipment on display.
Grandpa had a great time telling the grandkids all about his blacksmith shop he use to work in.
Loved the Remembrance display very well done.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

With friends visiting from England there was no better way to share a glimpse of Saskatchewan history than taking them to the Western Development Museum. They were totally impressed! We keep the WDM on our agenda for all of our visitors, and are never disappointed. Actually, taking company is only an excuse for us to go back ourselves again and again.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Thanks, Loretta! We are so glad you enjoy the Museum!

Reviewed 1 week ago

An excellent day out- I have been to other Western Development Museums elsewhere, but this one is one of the biggest
The Main Street is a replica 1918 street complete with replica stores and a Sheriff and Blacksmith
I would particularly like to say thank you to the excellent staff- Very polite and helpful
The sheriff appointed my 6 year old son as deputy sheriff and gave him a sheriff' star- he made my son's day! he was overjoyed!!
The Blacksmith was very informative and showed us the different metal objects that he forged.
There is a great collection of Vintage Cars and trains.
The Christmas exhibits were also amazing
The Coffee shop is really good- very reasonable prices and its like sitting in a genuine 1918 cafe!!
I would definitely recommend visiting the WDM! its indeed a great day out and great history lesson!

Thank you Anaes20 for this great review of the WDM... we are so glad you enjoyed your visit!

Reviewed 1 week ago

WDM has Something for everyone, including: fascinating information and interesting historical displays, a restaurant, tours, photos in period dress and more. A really great way to spend a snowy afternoon.

Thank you fro this great review ! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This place was absolutely amazing. Not only only it was so educational, bust also it was very amusing and creative. I loved this place that I would definitely go again if I visit Saskatoon again. The coffee shop was perfect too. I tried buffalo burger which was the most delicious hamburger ever and the price was so reasonable, around 8$. The gift shop had so many interesting items but expensive.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for visiting. We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the WDM. Thanks for this great review and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We visited the WDM on a Saturday in October where the Christmas Market was already on.

The museum is very nicely made and the different areas are giving you a good impression of the historic development.

Although made for kids, we had great fun.

I liked most the closed tractor from 1940, the dentist‘s chair as well as the barber‘s chair made of bull horns.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks for visiting and for this great review, Michael! So glad you enjoyed the exhibits!

Reviewed October 8, 2018 via mobile

This is an amazing look at Saskatchewan from early 1900's to present day. You came easily kill 2-3 hrs here. Only issue was the entrance was poorly marked, as you need to come in back way due to construction. Would help if their was a sign on the actual door you enter as opposed to signs further out pointing at doors that normally serve other purposes... but again, small issue.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2018

Thanks for this great review! We do apologize for the inconvenience due to the construction of our new parking lot. We are currently waiting for a new sign to mark the entrance door more clearly. Thanks for visiting and for taking the time to comment we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Great museum. Done with lots of love for the details. You learn a lot about Canadian history! The restaurant at the museum offers tasty food.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2018

Thank you for this great review, note68!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

At a wedding at the museum and stopped for a quick lunch at the café - ordered chicken fingers and onion rings - absolutely great and such a large serving. Doggie bag needed as none of the four of us could finish our food.

WDM_Marketing, Manager at Western Development Museum, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2018

Perfect! We are so glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the great review, Shriley W!

Reviewed October 3, 2018

We just renewed our membership at the Western Development Museum for the 2nd year - It's a great place for our active kid!

I enjoy the very educational time-travelling "Bloomtown" main street every time. My kid is always crazy about the original steam engine (one of the very few in Canada), the model trains and the antique cars. The menu of their restaurant is a great for kids too (Nice Saskatoon barrie pie, pumpkin pie, lemon pie... just saying).

I've brought our family visitors to the museum and they are all very impressed!

Wonderful! Thanks for your support, Nova!