“Easily the Best Chinese Restaurant in Saskatoon!!”

Yip Hong's Dim Sum Restaurant
Ranked #70 of 703 Restaurants in Saskatoon
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Grosvenor Park
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Being from Calgary and loving food in Vancouver - I would almost say the flavor and quality and portion size of Saskatoon beats out many restaurants!

You can tell all their food is handmade (not mass purchased from a frozen dim sum place). The food is traditional - nothing fancy is fusion like - so that makes it equally comforting and satisfying.

Each time I come visit friends, it is one of the first places I rush to, in order to get my fix. Weekend dim sum and in the evening, the Garlic Gailon, Chicken Fried Rice, Salt & Pepper Squid and Beef Brisket stew. SO PERFECT and so comforting!

The decor of course is not the greatest but the service is amazing! I haven't lived in Saskatoon for over 4 years and it is still the same owners and if not, it is busier than I remembered!

Love this place - it is a Saskatoon gem that I must admit - conquers all of Calgary's dim sum places!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Really enjoyed the dim sum Sunday lunch. Should have gone a little earlier because they ran out of custard tarts.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

It was our fifth attempt............there are always line ups because it is so popular.
Eventually we dropped in for an early lunch and easily got a table. 15 minutes later the place was packed and the lineup long.
We had hardly sat down when there was a pot of tea on the table.
The food is excellent, from chicken feet to turnip pie!! The servers friendly and helpful.
It is ideal for a quick lunch as there is no waiting for a menu, for an order to be taken and then the food to arrive.
This is dim sum at its finest, right here in Saskatoon.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

There was a dirty stained 7 foot diameter plywood table top leaning against the wall right beside our table. Everything on the table including the dinnerware was really worn and chipped. The entire surroundings in the restaurant gave the appearance of an "I don't care" attitude. My son found a piece of a stainless steel pot scrubber in the shanghai noodles.
The food was very tasty especially the hot pot eggplant. The service was quick and efficient and the waiter was polite and helpful. The steamed rice was made with really good rice and they didn't charge us for the shanghai noodles.
We will never go back there. It was easy to overlook the shabby decor but not the metal piece in the food.

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Excellent authentic dim sum in the middle of the prairies. Always consistent with food quality. Restaurant is a bit of a dive though.