“Cold and sleepless in Saskatoon”

Northwoods Inn & Suites
Ranked #38 of 39 Hotels in Saskatoon
Ontario
“Cold and sleepless in Saskatoon”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Spent last night at this motel/dump. Partying, arguing, slamming doors, running on walkways all night. No heat, bed stunk to high heaven. No other available rooms in town that take pets. Do yourself a favour if you're travelling out this way. Book a room well in advance and don't ever even consider staying here.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here. My tip is keep driving!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Tripps06
mel_sask, Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Please take notice that our hotel has been serving many many years and we have had thousands of happy and satisfied guests. However, we are not perfect; we try to improve our services all the times. Our apologies for any inconvenience we have caused. If you please come within next 90 days, we will give you 50% discount on the existing rate which is publicized in our website.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Traverse City
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I didn't mind the broken lamp or the worn-out room so much, it was the cars honking their horns in the parking lot at 3 am that ruined it for me. Not a good place for any price unless you're used to living in a trailer park or slum.

• Stayed November 2011
8 Thank JohnnyHHHHH

Travellers are raving about these Saskatoon hotels

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 22 September 2011

We arrived at the motel and checked in. We were unable to open the door of our room after 2 attempts with 2 new electronic keys from the front desk. The clerk came up to the room and opened the door with a manual key. The room was smelly and very dirty. We were concerned about whether the beds would be full of bugs. Upon taking the bed sheets off to check we discovered one bed had blood covering about 1 square meter of area; which had also dripped down the side. There was blood next to the chair in the front area. We were shocked. When I asked for a refund at the front desk; the manager swore at me. I left with my elderly mother rather than argue with him.

Room Tip: Don't bother with this hotel. I've never seen anything like it in my life!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
14 Thank Skiboy154914
Swift Current
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I was very mistaken when I thought that the Northwoods Inn looked like a nice place to stay with my elderly parents. It was late in the evening when we booked in or we would of left right away, because as soon as we walked into the room we noticed a bad smell, then all the repairs that needed to be done including a door with no dead bolt and a window with no safety device. We were exhausted so went to bed. About an hour later we were woke up by shouting and alot of activity out side are window, and all around the area. It continued so for safety reasons I called for police assitance in leaving the place and will not go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank Unicorn155044
Yorkton, Canada
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We had to travel to Saskatoon for a medical appointment with our son and wanted something close to the doctor's office. After checking in our room we could tell right away it was a smoking room even though we had asked for a non smoking as our son has asthma. Not only did it smell of smoke it was filthy. The second room they gave us was not much cleaner. The pool area was atrocious and the hot tub smelled moldy. Hotel states free breakfast but had to pay for coffee and lukewarm milk. Area around hotel was littered with garbage. Needless to say we will never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank Mandy D
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Overpriced room which, after negotiating was reduced to $100. Room with outdated furnishings, cracked bathroom fixtures, no other amenities except cheap soap. Minimal air conditioner on the way to it last gasp! Room worth about $50 per night!

• Stayed July 2011
8 Thank JudyandDave
mel_sask, General Manager at Northwoods Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 22 November 2011
Regina, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2011

This hotel is disgusting.
My husband and I found this "great deal" online, and I wish that A) we would have checked the room out before we paid for it...
B) I would have saved my $115 dollars and bought a nice tent and sleeping bag from Canadian Tire instead... or slept in the back seat of my Cavalier.

The bathroom was absolutely disgusting - there was an unusual amount of hair (including pubic ones) all over the place! I seriously wondered if the housekeeping staff even existed. I cleaned the bathroom floor as best as I could with a washcloth and Peppermint Hand Sanitizer from Bath and Body Works (I was desperate) but still didn't feel like I should take off my shoes.

The bedspread had a 'stain' on it... I can only guess what it may have been. The room smelled like smoke, the button on the T.V. was broken, and there wasn't a piece of furniture in the room that didn't have some kind of stain or burn mark on it. The room did, however, have a nice view of the parking lot and coin-op soda machine and the free breakfast wasn't bad... if you don't mind the cook also taking your order, bringing your coffee and bussing the dirty tables at the same time he's cooking your food. (I don't blame the cook for that one, I blame his bosses for not staffing the restaurant adequately.)
Please save your money and your sanity - take yourself and your loved ones anywhere but this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here - the $15/night that you save compared to other hotels isn't worth it.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family