“Fantastic Dining Experience”

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 19 December 2011

We went to Truffles Bistro to celebrate a special occasion, and the meal more than exceeded our expectations. We started the evening with a wonderful bottle of Cotes du Rhone, served expertly by our server, and a delicious goat cheese fondue. For the main meal, all three of us chose the Steak Frites, done medium rare. The steak was cooked to perfection, the fries were crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, and seasonal vegetables rounded out the plate nicely. The portions were just right, and combined with copious amounts of bread and cheese fondue, I came away extremely satisfied. We didn't have room for dessert but enjoyed some lattes to cap off our evening. All and all, it was a wonderful evening. The ambiance, service, and food are fantastic and for a reasonable price. I highly recommend dining here if you have the chance.

There are newer reviews for Truffles Bistro

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Cannot say anything bad about Truffles. The food is amazing, the service is always professional and friendly and the places just feels right. Reservations are always a good idea, and the restaurant is a bit narrow, this can cause problems with a large party or if you have small children.

Truffles is one of the better places to go for a meal in Saskatoon, and a definite must try if you have never been.

Reviewed 7 December 2011

Try the six course with matched wines special. Inventive small dishes with well matched wines.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

The food was exceptional ! Mike our server was very knowledgable about everything on the menu! We would definitely recommend this restaurant !

Reviewed 28 November 2011

My daughter and I went to Truffles for the 1st time, we had been wanting to go for quite some time as everyone we talked to gave it raving reviews. We were not disappointed ! We arrived right at 5, on a Wed. evening, the opening time for dinner, and the restaurant quickly filled right up. It is a small dining area, with the kitchen being open to view. Would love to just stand at the back and watch them make their creations :)

Both of us started with the soup, it was a Pumpkin soup, with a little bit of heat to it....was very good ! For dinner, my daughter had the Gnocchi, which was lovely, I had the duck breast. The waiter was very knowledgeable....when he inquired how I would like it done, he made some suggestions. The duck was absolutely wonderful ! I would definitely recommend it. We had a chocolate creation for dessert, which also was to die for.

This was not an inexpensive meal....with a glass of wine each, coffee for myself, the bill was around the $100, but was money well spent if you want to pamper yourself. I understand that lunches are fairly reasonably priced.

I would recommend making a reservation for dinner, unless you go right at 5.