“Yukon, our favorite place in Canada.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yukon

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
Houston, Texas
9 helpful votes
“Yukon, our favorite place in Canada.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2009

On a recent road trip my wife and I drove 14,063 miles. Leaving Houston, Texas we headed north. Into Canada, turned left and headed for Alaska. You simply MUST drive the Yukon. The major towns we visited were Watson Lake, Whitehorse, Teslin, Beaver Creek, Haines Junction, Carcross, Carmacks, Ross River, and Dawson. We had to spend the night in our car at Ross River due to the only gas station closing at 5:00 p.m. and opening at 9:00 a.m. The scenic beauty, history, local folk, animals, climate, and places to stay, visit, and see were beyond improvement. While in Dawson be sure to cross on the ferry and drive the Top Of The World Highway and visit the Top Of The World Golf Course. We were in the Yukon from late May and most of June. From Anchorage we headed south and into Washington State. Down the Pacific Highway and over into Texas. Simply put, no place on this trip was as enjoyable as was the Yukon. We also panned a little gold. On this trip gasoline ranged $2.64 low and $5.27 high and we used 588 gallons. Bob and Gloria .

2 Thank HadTimeDidTravel
A TripAdvisor Member
“Incrediblly Beautiful Yukon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2004

They say the Yukon gets into your soul and you will never get it out - True! I don't think our perspectives are large enough to fully appreciate the vastness and incredible beauty of this land. On the other hand there is a rustic value to it as you see many historic sights and leftovers of years gone by. The people are very friendly and helpful and it is a pledge up there that you never ignore someone having problems on the road.

One thing I know for sure - I am going back. Just came home in May and am going back in July. The Yukon bug has bitten me (and I don't mean the mosquito!) LOL

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Yukon? Share your experiences!