“Close to airport”

Airport Chalet
Airport Chalet
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Whitehorse
Reviewed 10 August 2017

We went to the Airport Chalet after our flight had arrived, and we had a couple of hours to wait for our relatives' flight. Food was okay; service was good. Didn't stay at the hotel, so can't comment on it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Airport Chalet

Reviewed 12 March 2017

I know this is one of the cheapest places in Whitehorse, but that doesn't excuse the complete apathy and neglect with which this hotel is managed. You should provide services based on what you charge, not charge the going rate and call it good. This place stank like a hundred years of cigarettes. The internet doesn't work, at least not well enough to use webpages. There is no sound privacy at all - I could hear every cough and bed squeak and whispered conversation on the entire hall. To boot, the price we were charged ended up being a lot more than we were quoted when we showed up, and more than what is listed online. The person working the desk ignored this point and just started rambling about taxes and dogs and all the fees that we had already included the night before. You are better off anywhere else, though to get your money's worth in Whitehorse the best option is one of the hostels.

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

The hotel is updated and clean.. there is an awesome restaurant and the room we stayed in was very spacious with a fireplace and sitting area... there was a deck but it was full of snow. The handle on the shower was broken

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lana L
Reviewed 14 November 2016

Location, location, location. just off the highway, across from the airport. Great trucker food and a lounge to watch tv and enjoy a cold beverage. i Often book this hotel for employees as it has truck parking. I've eaten there many times but this was the first time I stayed myself. Friendly, clean and did I mention the convenient location?

Room Tip: I stayed in the motel portion as I liked the parking there.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Not the first time I have eaten at the Airport Chalet at both breakfast and for dinner. I've never done a review before and thought it was time I did. Eggs Benedict is one of my favourites and so this past Sunday, I thought I would have it again. I thoroughly enjoyed it. My poached eggs were medium, the shredded potatoes were so good and there was plenty of hollandaise sauce which I love. No skimping here. I couldn't finish it all.

Again on Thursday night-Oct. 13th, I could feel my welcome was wearing thin with my children, so I took myself to the Airport Chalet for dinner. I was actually craving a burger, because I had been eating with them and eating healthy. I was on holiday in Whitehorse and a homemade burger with fries seemed exactly what I needed. Well priced, tasty and in the dining room area the fireplace was on and I opened up my book to eat and read. I was however engaged in conversation by a woman who has lived in the Yukon for 21 years, who was waiting for her girlfriends to join her. So we chatted to learn we were both social workers and began comparing notes. What a fun evening I had. The food was great, the company very enjoyable as I was not hanging with 20 year olds, so ended up learning alot about these three women's love of Whitehorse and why they wouldn't ever go back to where they had originated from-one from London, England; one from B.C. and one from Ontario. Everyone is friendly and got great service.

Breakfast on a weekend is a treat for one other reason and that is the freshly baked cinnamon buns, which I did take for brunch at my daughter's. My friend Coelin is often the server in the breakfast area on Sat. and Sun. so I like eating there on a weekend, when she is helping out. If you go on a Sat. or Sunday morning, say hi to Coelin for me!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Don't be put off by appearances. Despite its age, you get a great experience staying in a place that reflects the Yukon and its history.
Lord only knows when the building was built as the foundations have given way so that the floors wander up and down. However that's part of the appeal - getting out of bed in the middle of the night and wondering if you had one too many drinks at the bar.
Decor is likely '70s but again that's part of the appeal of staying in an old hotel.
The big plus is the friendly service at check in and in the bar and restaurant.
We had both dinner and breakfast there and its good fare!
Room was clean and comfortable and again reflected its age.
Room rates are very reasonable and are in keeping with the level of 'luxury'.
If you are happy with old but clean, looking for a step back in time, friendly service, and good in house food, this is the place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2016

I was with a friend and we where staying at a much higher class hotel in downtown whitehorse and we where going to stay in the same hotel for another night but when we went to reserve a room we where told that the hotel was fully booked for the fowllowing day so we called a few other higher class hotels but they where also fully booked because of some conference that was going on. So we ended up booking a room in this place.. Upon entering the room the first thing that we noticed was that all of the furniture was old and outdated.. And when i went to the frot desk to get the password for the wifi i was told that it was not working and that someone was going to be going to the hotel to fix it so when i went back a few hours later i was told that they couldnt get anyone to come to the hotel to fix it
for a bit more money you are better off staying at a higher class hotel..

Stayed: August 2016